DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

I used to review a lot of high end audiophile equipment, and recieved thousands of dollers worth of headphones, amps, dacs and so on. Every reviewer learns to do an honest review without being negative, if they ever want to review another product from that company. Bigger companies used to send out demos and ask for them back afterwards. I think this is the best way to get honest review.

It all depends on what you need.

I wish the Atlas had a way to utilize both in one form factor!

Titan really is an innovator. They are constantly making stuff.

Hey TLS. I am kinda new to the whole antenna thing. What is the difference between the atlas and cyclone? I get what the cyclone provides but what does the atlas?

Sooo, all I had to do is critique the vendor and slam his product with opinion and I would have gotten one for Free???? Seems like my approach of a fair Paid in Full review was the wrong American direction....... As TheLightSpeed has pointed out in the past, a Free evaluation review is hard not to see as biased. Just saying. Sorry, while I appreciate the review I find it sad people have figured out how to manipulate vendors via forum bullying to get what others paid for. Just my opinion.

Well said! I did pay for it, and bought another remote. He refunded my money and sent me the antenna.

If you have questions regarding my transaction please contact me or Titan.

I bought one to put my money where my mouth was. The vendor elected to send me a test unit. I fell in love. It's like Romeo and Juliet... hey silver lining, you were right! It's pretty great, and now there's unbiased reviews! Win win!

Hey TLS. I am kinda new to the whole antenna thing. What is the difference between the atlas and cyclone? I get what the cyclone provides but what does the atlas?

The Atlas uses two whip antennas. The Cyclone is a patch style.

Cyclone is more directional and the Atlas is more circular.

Sooo, all I had to do is critique the vendor and slam his product with opinion and I would have gotten one for Free???? Seems like my approach of a fair Paid in Full review was the wrong American direction....... As TheLightSpeed has pointed out in the past, a Free evaluation review is hard not to see as biased. Just saying. Sorry, while I appreciate the review I find it sad people have figured out how to manipulate vendors via forum bullying to get what others paid for. Just my opinion.
If the reviewer is honest it shouldn't matter if the item was free. And if the seller wants to get the word out, they commonly choose a person to send one to free of charge for review.

If the reviewer is honest it shouldn't matter if the item was free. And if the seller wants to get the word out, they commonly choose a person to send one to free of charge for review.

I understand. I was critical of the performance, and this antenna and this company changed my mind.

I'm truly trying to be honest that I was a critic and I was somewhat wrong.

I never said the antenna was bad nor the company. All I EVER said was there wasn't any proof online. I like to think I've added "proof" to the internet poool

Reactions: Yelobird
I understand. I was critical of the performance, and this antenna and this company changed my mind.

I'm truly trying to be honest that I was a critic and I was somewhat wrong.

I never said the antenna was bad nor the company. All I EVER said was there wasn't any proof online. I like to think I've added "proof" to the internet poool

Fair rebuttal Lightspeed, your starting to grow on me in a positive way. lol I appreciated and Knew your review was sincere.

Reactions: scottebay
Fair rebuttal Lightspeed, your starting to grow on me in a positive way. lol I appreciated and Knew your review was sincere.

It was. I genuinely paid. Bought it with no intention of getting anything. Then after speaking I told him I'm attempting to do more reviews and he refunded it.

James is a class act. I'm with you, I wouldn't have given me one either.

Since I couldn't get the Titan Cyclone to fail, I feel it was close at 7.6 miles. The HD signal was starting to deteriorate and go to 2 bars. But it never lost it or flickered!

I've had my Stock remote nearly that same distance with great results. Here's the million dollar question that I don't think anyone knows, even Titan! How far will it go? How far before the stock and the Cyclone gives out?

Here's my plan... I'm going to put two 5.2mAh batteries on its back, or maybe one to start, and just fly until I can't fly anymore. I think I'm going to setup both remotes, with and without the Cyclone, and start to fly from the Cyclone towards the stock. I'll go until I lose signal on the Cyclone at which point the second remote hopefully will connect!

I need two people to do this...
I need a way to communicate with the second person
I need to disable RTH, and Autoland and basically make it hover until I can retrieve it.

I really want to see what will happen on a one way flight!

Reactions: Adamcain112
It was. I genuinely paid. Bought it with no intention of getting anything. Then after speaking I told him I'm attempting to do more reviews and he refunded it.

Since I couldn't get the Titan Cyclone to fail, I feel it was close at 7.6 miles. The HD signal was starting to deteriorate and go to 2 bars. But it never lost it or flickered!

I've had my Stock remote nearly that same distance with great results. Here's the million dollar question that I don't think anyone knows, even Titan! How far will it go? How far before the stock and the Cyclone gives out?

Here's my plan... I'm going to put two 5.2mAh batteries on its back, or maybe one to start, and just fly until I can't fly anymore. I think I'm going to setup both remotes, with and without the Cyclone, and start to fly from the Cyclone towards the stock. I'll go until I lose signal on the Cyclone at which point the second remote hopefully will connect!

I need to disable RTH, and Autoland and basically make it hover until I can retrieve it.

This would be the ultimate review need someone to drive and follow it to retrieve it if need be. Just make sure your not over water.

Reactions: cderoche

Can't wait to read your review on this one! Must be fun to read and scary to do! :)

It all depends on what you need.

I wish the Atlas had a way to utilize both in one form factor!

Titan really is an innovator. They are constantly making stuff.

I pulled the trigger on the Cyclone...and if all goes well, I should have it installed and ready to use by sometime next week.

I based my decision on my past experiences with my P3P where I've experimented with boosted and non-boosted antennas from FPVLR and DBS Mods...and different types of whip antennas (boosted and non-boosted (attached to sunhans amps)). The best systems in my area were the boosted setups from both FPVLR and DBS Mods...as they were both about even...with a slight edge from DBS Mods.

I still have all my antennas, including MaxxRange from DBS Mods. I'll just have to find a mounting bracket/holder.

I'm so excited, my Cyclone should be here tomorrow! I bought an extra RC and opted to have Titan do the install, and despite the hurricanes they were able to turn it around in one business day!

Looking forward to trying it out at my parents house in suburban CT. I've been trying to fly to the local middle school, but the area is heavily WiFi-congested so hopefully the Cyclone will help. Will post my impressions in this thread once I've had a chance to test it.

-Joe

I'm so excited, my Cyclone should be here tomorrow! I bought an extra RC and opted to have Titan do the install, and despite the hurricanes they were able to turn it around in one business day!

Looking forward to trying it out at my parents house in suburban CT. I've been trying to fly to the local middle school, but the area is heavily WiFi-congested so hopefully the Cyclone will help. Will post my impressions in this thread once I've had a chance to test it.

-Joe

Awesome! You'll love it! That's the best scenario for the Cyclone, heavily wooded, of wifi rich environments.

I pulled the trigger on the Cyclone...and if all goes well, I should have it installed and ready to use by sometime next week.

I based my decision on my past experiences with my P3P where I've experimented with boosted and non-boosted antennas from FPVLR and DBS Mods...and different types of whip antennas (boosted and non-boosted (attached to sunhans amps)). The best systems in my area were the boosted setups from both FPVLR and DBS Mods...as they were both about even...with a slight edge from DBS Mods.

I still have all my antennas, including MaxxRange from DBS Mods. I'll just have to find a mounting bracket/holder.

For some reason the DBS antenna unboosted doesn't work great on the Mavic. I had one and could get any better results over stock.

Many long range guys are doing 8 miles on a stock controller. The Mavic is that good.

But if you have interference, obstructions etc. the Cyclone or the Evo kit from MaxxUAV is the way to go.

The boosted Cyclone and Boosted DBS antenna are pretty neck and neck from what I can see. The Cyclone is better in my opinion because it's one piece, everything's all in one box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54