DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Thanks for the info it all just really fascinates me, how a signal can control something over miles away through the air.
You have no idea - most modern communications (and many other technologies) are based on the work of mathematician Claude Shannon who defined a new branch of mathematics known as information theory. The world as we know it would not exist without his work.

Yeah man I AM SO EXCITED because I want to use my panel from Titan (the Cyclone) and be able to fly from the comfort of my vehicle!

So Titan prototyped a solution for me. He's just awesome. Really a forward thinker and really an innovator. His products are seriously very nice!

But he sent me the prototype to try and I cannot wait!
d6c4033aff93705e04adb6dc167b8263.jpg
68507c61fb40132b654e85226f2c62f3.jpg

Lightspeed, did James say when the suction mount for the cyclone would be for sale? I currently use the command case to fly from my vehicle. But using the cyclone with the suction a mount looks Nice and discreet when flying in urban areas.

06aa916fee6088bc7ddb6239b3293f67.jpg
9a37bb7296bb3b57181bac12fba7bca2.jpg

Lightspeed, did James say when the suction mount for the cyclone would be for sale? I currently use the command case to fly from my vehicle. But using the cyclone with the suction a mount looks Nice and discreet when flying in urban areas.

He didn't unfortunately. I think this is a prototype. He's working on a mount for the Cyclone on the case itself as seen in the second pic.

Nice thing about a roof mount is that the metal acts as a ground plane and enhances the signal significantly in most cases. It would likely help even more if you attached the remote ground/common to the vehicle. But- where's your cables? Surely you didn't punch through your roof...

Right, assuming its magnet mount or direct mount (not suction cup). Although I wouldn't be drilling holes in my roof :) I can live with a magnet mount or suction cup and route the wire temporarily through a window.

You realize that the panel antenna is directional - right? Plus - how are you to get the cables out there?

I'd personally just use the panel sitting in the car, so I can adjust the aim, unless you have a positioner also. (man this setup is getting pricey!)

Yes the whole black suitcase sitting on the roof looks suspicious these days - like a terrorist mobile lol.

Reactions: SkyNinja
What I’d propose is for some really long cables and a pole mount. Then you could raise it up and get a lot of extra distance with the additional height.

Magnets can work for inducing the signal, maybe, for the windshield mount. I'd love to stick the omnidirectionals up on a pole, even a 10 foot pole probably would work wonders for getting LOS.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Yes the whole black suitcase sitting on the roof looks suspicious these days - like a terrorist mobile lol.

Well the one he's sending me is suction cups (yes two)... I'm going to mount it out my sunroof. So I can adjust. I may use my iPad Pro 12.9" as the screen while I'm at it.

Reactions: cderoche
I see Jake has this omnidirectional amplified antenna setup listed now also..... bet this one is an all around beast also. Didn't see any threads on it specifically yet.
Titan Drones, Inc.
23a2f9_70b9ab411abb4060a4a7f66565ba91fb~mv2.png

I see Jake has this omnidirectional amplified antenna setup listed now also..... bet this one is an all around beast also. Didn't see any threads on it specifically yet.
Titan Drones, Inc.
23a2f9_70b9ab411abb4060a4a7f66565ba91fb~mv2.png

I have had this system for a couple weeks now. I started with the cyclone. The Alpha works WAY better for the wooded rural area that I'm in (at least for me.) I believe the Cyclone is better suited for places with strong signal interference.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Cyclone because of your review. But now that I've seen the ATLAS, I'm curious to see how that performs. :eek:

It all depends on what you need.

I wish the Atlas had a way to utilize both in one form factor!

Titan really is an innovator. They are constantly making stuff.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Cyclone because of your review. But now that I've seen the ATLAS, I'm curious to see how that performs. :eek:

Yep same here!
Almost wish cyclone had antenna jack outputs for the omnidirectionals and a bypass button to bypass the directional. So many options for this remote Thumbswayup

Sooo, all I had to do is critique the vendor and slam his product with opinion and I would have gotten one for Free???? Seems like my approach of a fair Paid in Full review was the wrong American direction....... As TheLightSpeed has pointed out in the past, a Free evaluation review is hard not to see as biased. Just saying. Sorry, while I appreciate the review I find it sad people have figured out how to manipulate vendors via forum bullying to get what others paid for. Just my opinion.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots