DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Like to see some real world test on all of these products. There isn't manny for any after market powered antennas

That's what I'm working on. It's just been too hot to get a good one done.

So far I banged out a long flight with it and it did amazing. But a true long range run for me has to wait until the weather is better

Reactions: Adamcain112
I wish HD signal was better, as you can see in my video when I turned around to come home it was showing no bars for over 10,000ft although I still had video feed so I would've assumed I should've had atleast 1 bar showing.
I'm hoping it was just my location and will be better somewhere else

Can't wait to see more test results especially in WiFi heavy areas.... also the amped whips.... Maybe some amped whips with a roof or window mount like that ARGtek guy has and you'd have a killer sit in the car with the AC on and fly setup. For me, being able to fly from the comfort of my vehicle solves a few problems... Where I live its pretty hot & humid most of the year, and bright and sunny, so not only do I sweat my you know what off, the ipad screen is easily washed out with the sunlight. So being under shade helps big time. But then your signal is somewhat impeded from inside the car, without an external setup. I have managed to shoot this entire video from inside my ride, and got decent range also, but a better setup for this could do more and with a stronger connection the whole time.

This one:

Last edited:
@TitanDronesInc is making a solution for this. I have this same issue. It's just too hot to stand outside and hold a controller.

He's working on a sucker cup (heavy duty) that would stick to a window or a sunroof.

I really need something like that to be able to fly in this ridiculous heat

Reactions: cderoche
For me, being able to fly from the comfort of my vehicle solves a few problems... Where I live its pretty hot & humid most of the year, and bright and sunny, so not only do I sweat my you know what off, the ipad screen is easily washed out with the sunlight. So being under shade helps big time. But then your signal is somewhat impeded from inside the car, without an external setup. I have managed to shoot this entire video from inside my ride, and got decent range also, but a better setup for this could do more and with a stronger connection the whole time.

I did this with my P3P back in April 2016. It was great to be able to go anywhere and fly while in sitting in an air conditioned vehicle:
img_3598-jpg.51932

img_3600-jpg.51933

img_3601-jpg.51934

I did this with my P3P back in April 2016. It was great to be able to go anywhere and fly while in sitting in an air conditioned vehicle:
img_3598-jpg.51932

img_3600-jpg.51933

img_3601-jpg.51934

Yeah man I AM SO EXCITED because I want to use my panel from Titan (the Cyclone) and be able to fly from the comfort of my vehicle!

So Titan prototyped a solution for me. He's just awesome. Really a forward thinker and really an innovator. His products are seriously very nice!

But he sent me the prototype to try and I cannot wait!
d6c4033aff93705e04adb6dc167b8263.jpg
68507c61fb40132b654e85226f2c62f3.jpg

Nice thing about a roof mount is that the metal acts as a ground plane and enhances the signal significantly in most cases. It would likely help even more if you attached the remote ground/common to the vehicle. But- where's your cables? Surely you didn't punch through your roof...

Reactions: MrsTreat
Yeah man I AM SO EXCITED because I want to use my panel from Titan (the Cyclone) and be able to fly from the comfort of my vehicle!

So Titan prototyped a solution for me. He's just awesome. Really a forward thinker and really an innovator. His products are seriously very nice!

You realize that the panel antenna is directional - right? Plus - how are you to get the cables out there?

Heck wire up a signal strength circuit and do active tracking! ;)

Reactions: cderoche

d6c4033aff93705e04adb6dc167b8263.jpg
68507c61fb40132b654e85226f2c62f3.jpg

Must be inductively coupled. Please explain this setup .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7