DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Wouldn't the new Atlas be better for heavy wifi and wooded areas, thats what Titans new video recommends?

Yes you're right. The whip antenna's seem to be the way to go for "wooded" areas. However there is a review on YouTube from a guy with a Tactical Case, and have amped Whip Antenna's. He get's better than stock, but your still not going to get LONG range from the Forrest.

The Cyclone is a panel and is directional. It points forward and radiates forward... the whips emit signal in all directions making it more useful for wooded areas because the signal can make its way between the areas among trees.

I am not a Scientist, and I am actually not smart at all. I do "what works" without knowing why.

With that said - On my Phantom 3 and 4 I ALWAYS used a DBS Panel not amped. First the regular antenna and then the MaxxDBS antenna. Again not amped. On the Phantom 4 for example i could fly for miles and miles in the Northwest with trees hills etc. I did do amped eventually but for me the antenna alone was more than my battery could do. So I didn't need amps.

When I got the Mavic naturally I immediately bought the Mavic DBS antenna with no amp. While I was excited, I got really bad results. Even worse than normal. I started having choppy video feed that would lag so bad I would have to restart the bird to get it back caught up. So I elected to go back to the Stock remote. Which stock remote on the Mavic can get you 8 miles in ideal situation. Long story short IF you have a need to upgrade your already amazing system on the Mavic, (which I think most don't need) the Cyclone gives better portability, and a nice clean look, feel etc. I think it will perform at or better than the MaxxUAV Evolite kit for $329. The Evolite DBS antenna system is more complicated, has more parts, and is huge. The amps are problematic occasionally, your constantly putting on and off the cables that need to be threaded on and off, and snugged with a wrench. Plus for me the fact that all their plastics are 3D printed... which falls apart in the Arizona heat. Seriously melts like toothpaste. So when i got the Titan i expected everything to be 3D printed also.... But Titan actually has all their plastics injection molded! It's a real quality.

Again, for $249, I would go the Cyclone route. I think the Atlas is cool, and probably works good, but your utilizing the form factor of the Cyclone with two whips on the front. I think amplifying the Whip antennas for Titan was probably an afterthought, and because they have all the parts already in their shop.

Reactions: cderoche
Yes you're right. The whip antenna's seem to be the way to go for "wooded" areas. However there is a review on YouTube from a guy with a Tactical Case, and have amped Whip Antenna's. He get's better than stock, but your still not going to get LONG range from the Forrest.

The Cyclone is a panel and is directional. It points forward and radiates forward... the whips emit signal in all directions making it more useful for wooded areas because the signal can make its way between the areas among trees.

I am not a Scientist, and I am actually not smart at all. I do "what works" without knowing why.

With that said - On my Phantom 3 and 4 I ALWAYS used a DBS Panel not amped. First the regular antenna and then the MaxxDBS antenna. Again not amped. On the Phantom 4 for example i could fly for miles and miles in the Northwest with trees hills etc. I did do amped eventually but for me the antenna alone was more than my battery could do. So I didn't need amps.

When I got the Mavic naturally I immediately bought the Mavic DBS antenna with no amp. While I was excited, I got really bad results. Even worse than normal. I started having choppy video feed that would lag so bad I would have to restart the bird to get it back caught up. So I elected to go back to the Stock remote. Which stock remote on the Mavic can get you 8 miles in ideal situation. Long story short IF you have a need to upgrade your already amazing system on the Mavic, (which I think most don't need) the Cyclone gives better portability, and a nice clean look, feel etc. I think it will perform at or better than the MaxxUAV Evolite kit for $329. The Evolite DBS antenna system is more complicated, has more parts, and is huge. The amps are problematic occasionally, your constantly putting on and off the cables that need to be threaded on and off, and snugged with a wrench. Plus for me the fact that all their plastics are 3D printed... which falls apart in the Arizona heat. Seriously melts like toothpaste. So when i got the Titan i expected everything to be 3D printed also.... But Titan actually has all their plastics injection molded! It's a real quality.

Again, for $249, I would go the Cyclone route. I think the Atlas is cool, and probably works good, but your utilizing the form factor of the Cyclone with two whips on the front. I think amplifying the Whip antennas for Titan was probably an afterthought, and because they have all the parts already in their shop.
I think you should get the Atlas and post your review for us here :D

Seriously though, if you are interested, you should ask Titan to send you the Atlas for review. Make an agreement with them that you will return the antenna after the review. But if you really like it, you will keep and pay for the antenna and Titan should not refuse your payment. That would be fair and it will keep your already high credibility intact, if not making it even higher.

I myself did quite a lot of unboosted (un-amped) antennas review/comparison. I didn't post my reviews in this forum as I don't want to offend any of the vendor here. I posted my reviews over at "the other" forum. I agree with your assessment that on the Phantom, doing unboosted antenna mods will give us significant gain. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), doing unboosted antenna mods on the Mavic won't give the same result.

For various reasons, I don't want to do battery mods. So, I actually don't really need boosted antenna. However, IF I want to go with boosted antenna, I am interested in the Atlas. I am curious to know how will it compare with the stock antenna? I don't think the stock antenna is a true omni directional antenna, so if the Atlas is a true omni directional it will be at a disadvantage distance-wise against the stock. However, since it is boosted, it should offset the disadvantage and on paper should have more range...

Can't wait to see an unbiased review of the Atlas, especially in comparison with the stock :)

Maybe I will buy one to review, I was planning on buying a Crystalsky first. I used to write reviews for Audio-Tecnica, Sennheiser, UE and others as a hobby. It was fun for awhile but between the writing and taking photos was very time consuming and stopped being fun. Some people think reviewers have it made but theirs tons of time to put in.

Reactions: Porto
I think you should get the Atlas and post your review for us here :D

Seriously though, if you are interested, you should ask Titan to send you the Atlas for review. Make an agreement with them that you will return the antenna after the review. But if you really like it, you will keep and pay for the antenna and Titan should not refuse your payment. That would be fair and it will keep your already high credibility intact, if not making it even higher.

I myself did quite a lot of unboosted (un-amped) antennas review/comparison. I didn't post my reviews in this forum as I don't want to offend any of the vendor here. I posted my reviews over at "the other" forum. I agree with your assessment that on the Phantom, doing unboosted antenna mods will give us significant gain. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), doing unboosted antenna mods on the Mavic won't give the same result.

For various reasons, I don't want to do battery mods. So, I actually don't really need boosted antenna. However, IF I want to go with boosted antenna, I am interested in the Atlas. I am curious to know how will it compare with the stock antenna? I don't think the stock antenna is a true omni directional antenna, so if the Atlas is a true omni directional it will be at a disadvantage distance-wise against the stock. However, since it is boosted, it should offset the disadvantage and on paper should have more range...

Can't wait to see an unbiased review of the Atlas, especially in comparison with the stock :)

I would love to do a review @TitanDronesInc of the Atlas.

My only issue is I live in the Desert. Not the best environment to test it maybe.

My only issue is I live in the Desert. Not the best environment to test it maybe.
If you can do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun is no longer very strong, it is the best environment! Should something happen during your long range testing, you have plenty of clear space to land safely. I live in the worse environment for long range testing: an urban jungle.

Maybe I will buy one to review, I was planning on buying a Crystalsky first. I used to write reviews for Audio-Tecnica, Sennheiser, UE and others as a hobby. It was fun for awhile but between the writing and taking photos was very time consuming and stopped being fun. Some people think reviewers have it made but theirs tons of time to put in.
If you do a review but decided to start up a new thread for it, please do inform it here too. I would like to read your review :)

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Maybe you can suggest to them to fit the Atlas not with a true omni directional antenna. A semi omni directional like the stock antenna would be better, I think. Few would actually fly their drones 90 degrees to their sides, let alone behind them, at considerable distance.

Maybe you can suggest to them to fit the Atlas not with a true omni directional antenna. A semi omni directional like the stock antenna would be better, I think. Few would actually fly their drones 90 degrees to their sides, let alone behind them, at considerable distance.

I wonder what the signal pattern looks like on the stock antennas vs. the Titan boosted omnis?

Directional circular polarized antenna on a pole with auto tracking technology would be the ultimate long range antenna. Could focus the signal like a laser beam almost if the tracker is that accurate. You'd max out on battery power long before reaching radio range limits in open country. The little Mavic can only lift so much weight. Still waiting for the miracle battery pack that can last as long as these tripled up mods :cool: but I'll take what I can get my hands on for now.

I wonder what the signal pattern looks like on the stock antennas vs. the Titan boosted omnis?

Directional circular polarized antenna on a pole with auto tracking technology would be the ultimate long range antenna. Could focus the signal like a laser beam almost if the tracker is that accurate. You'd max out on battery power long before reaching radio range limits in open country. The little Mavic can only lift so much weight. Still waiting for the miracle battery pack that can last as long as these tripled up mods :cool: but I'll take what I can get my hands on for now.

Check it out!!!
d18b5c24f5d19071c09507bcf2ab8999.jpg

Crappy picture! But can't wait to try t!

Reactions: cderoche
Received my Cyclone today and noticed the panel's battery was at 0%. I've had it plugged in for half an hour and it's still at 0%, do I need to turn it on to charge it or is the indicator inconsistent across it's range?

Thanks,
Joe

Received my Cyclone today and noticed the panel's battery was at 0%. I've had it plugged in for half an hour and it's still at 0%, do I need to turn it on to charge it or is the indicator inconsistent across it's range?

Thanks,
Joe

That’s not normal. Is the light green or Red in the charge plug?

The light is red, but now it's finally charging and is at 3%. Guess the battery was just fully dead. Looking forward to testing this thing out versus stock in my conditions.

-Joe

I'm betting that battery percent meter is way off. Try switching it to voltage like he shows in the video. That little tiny button near the meter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman