DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

It looks like my battery is damaged, was still on 0% when I went to bed, so I left it to charge all night. It's got to 27% by this morning but hasn't changed in the last 5 hrs. I've tried the calibration above but it still only shows 27%. These batteries are custom made and have 8 wires coming out of them, I'm not competent enough to make one myself so I'll be ordering a new one from Titan.
I came in from flying one day and forgot to turn off my battery and it would never take a charge after that. Had to buy another one. These batteries do not have any type of over discharge protection. I've got a brand new one sitting here but it's the 6800mAh so it would not fit in there..

Last edited:
I came in from flying one day and forgot to turn off my battery and it would never take a charge after that. Had to buy another one. These batteries do not have any type of over discharge protection. I've got a brand new one sitting here but it's the 6800mAh so it would not fit in there..

What system are you talking about? You have a Titan antenna too?

I don't know for sure but I would suspect that the Cyclone uses a smaller version of the same battery. They're good batteries but you can't let them discharge too much or you'll be replacing it.

Now this battery that I have here I bought from RexUAV. It is the Black one and they claim it does have over-discharge protection built into it. I learned the same way as the other gut did that the Blue batteries do not have protection.

I think I'm Counting Myself Lucky..... I opened my bag the other day and my cyclone wouldn't power on... come to see it got turned on in my bag...

I charged over night and it works fine..

on another note I made a tiny wooden box "no lid" and glued it on over the switch so it couldn't be turned on by mistake.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I think I'm Counting Myself Lucky..... I opened my bag the other day and my cyclone wouldn't power on... come to see it got turned on in my bag...

on another note I made a tiny wooden box "no lid" and glued it on over the switch so it couldn't be turned on by mistake.
They may be using a different battery in the Cyclone than the one in the Conquer.

Yeah I'm telling you the gauge on these is wrong. It falls super fast to 60% and then stays at 60% forever.

@Yelobird showed us how to display voltage and I suspect this is more accurate than the display trying to calculate the percentage based on the remaining voltage.

The Mavic uses a smart board to convert the remaining voltage to a percentage. These are the "dumb" batteries with a bolt meter that is trying to read the remaining voltage and give you an idea.

How I know this is, when you plug it in it immediately reads 100%.

I don't know for sure but I would suspect that the Cyclone uses a smaller version of the same battery. They're good batteries but you can't let them discharge too much or you'll be replacing it.
The cyclone battery is a Super rechargeable Li-ion 12.6v 3000mAH custom made with 8 wires coming out of it

For info: I do not have any issues with battery readout. Does exactly what can be expected. The probability to switch it on by mistake is indeed high. Gotta figure something out for that.

My biggest issue with the Titan is this-
1. All the weight is hanging over the front of the remote. Which makes holding it awkward.
2. No, or very little testing online. There's just not much to research. What videos do exist are vague and biased. IMO.
In fact I do wonder why someone would make an expensive add-on with zero proof that it works.
Seems logical to assume they did their own testing if no other reason than to ensure it didn't fry the controller or send the bird to its doom. So why not video some of that as proof of claims?

It looks like my battery is damaged, was still on 0% when I went to bed, so I left it to charge all night. It's got to 27% by this morning but hasn't changed in the last 5 hrs. I've tried the calibration above but it still only shows 27%. These batteries are custom made and have 8 wires coming out of them, I'm not competent enough to make one myself so I'll be ordering a new one from Titan.
Two things:
1 - if charging by cable are you using a cable made for that purpose? Data cables charge at a slower rate - especially USB 2
2 - Are you charging using a computer port or a block that supplies the proper charging voltage and current? Computer USB 2 ports are very limited in teh power they can supply.
Bear in mind I haven't a clue on what comes with these units so you may be using what was provided.
If so... light the torches and storm the castle! ;) (jk)

If I could choose -

My biggest issue with the Titan is this-
1. All the weight is hanging over the front of the remote. Which makes holding it awkward.
2. No, or very little testing online. There's just not much to research. What videos do exist are vague and biased. IMO.

So Lightspeedo.... Since you now have their product why don't you make an "unbiased" video about their product for all of us to see? You seem to always bring up the "biased" card nearly every chance you get. Starting to think Titan might have taken a wee in your Cheerios once........ :)

So Lightspeedo.... Since you now have their product why don't you make an "unbiased" video about their product for all of us to see? You seem to always bring up the "biased" card nearly every chance you get. Starting to think Titan might have taken a wee in your Cheerios once........ :)
C'mon - it was a valid point. DJI produced videos of their products as well as just about anyone who sells tech stuff.
With a cost of over $200 I would hope there's be something published to substantiate teh claims of it being better than the stock setup other than a winning smile and a promise.

For info: I do not have any issues with battery readout. Does exactly what can be expected. The probability to switch it on by mistake is indeed high. Gotta figure something out for that.
My battery readout was fine as well, I've just stuck 3 strips of leftover dual lock I had either side, looks a bit gash but will do the job for accidental switch on's.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    878.1 KB · Views: 44
Two things:
1 - if charging by cable are you using a cable made for that purpose? Data cables charge at a slower rate - especially USB 2
2 - Are you charging using a computer port or a block that supplies the proper charging voltage and current? Computer USB 2 ports are very limited in teh power they can supply.
Bear in mind I haven't a clue on what comes with these units so you may be using what was provided.
If so... light the torches and storm the castle! ;) (jk)
I'm using the 12v mains power supply charger it came with

Reactions: Brojon
I'm using the 12v charging mains power supply it came with
Light 'em up!
Seriously - sounds like the charging circuitry is boogered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929