DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Well I will give it a try, I just ordered the Cyclone kit. I will record distance, temp, humidy...... with stock and then do the same with Cyclone and try to match all conditions and see how it goes. It should be here Saturday so weather permitting I should have it done this weekend.

So Lightspeedo.... Since you now have their product why don't you make an "unbiased" video about their product for all of us to see? You seem to always bring up the "biased" card nearly every chance you get. Starting to think Titan might have taken a wee in your Cheerios once........ :)

To the contrary... Titan has been very generous and courteous despite my biased claims.

Hell I think I'm a little biased currently.

For those wondering I plan on doing a video soon. I've done two distance runs and it worked perfectly.

However today it's 110 and going up! Too hot to carry batteries.

I still stand by my claim, the videos are somewhat biased. I believe. The guy with the case, was his first video on his new YouTube account. Then he came here and rambled pages of commentary. No real results to speak of.

I plan on changing that. Users that know me from PhantomPilots know I'm not new to this or antenna mods.

C'mon - it was a valid point. DJI produced videos of their products as well as just about anyone who sells tech stuff.
With a cost of over $200 I would hope there's be something published to substantiate teh claims of it being better than the stock setup other than a winning smile and a promise.

It is a valid point. To Titans defense they have started sending units for beta testing. The more they do that they will gain a following. We need to test and post to the internet.

@SRJ_Mavic_PRO makes comments like that because he's a troll who hasn't bought this antenna. Really has no business in here as far as I can see. Here to argue only. [emoji8]

Check their website for all the details. From what I've read, they are great... expensive, but great. Not only helps with range but with "penetration" in dense or WiFi congested areas.

I'm thinking of getting one for my P4P+ to use in my back-porch ground station. :cool:

19657244_1361947770587936_7432670611042782946_n.jpg
Sick!

Is this more for boosting the signal in congested areas? Because I consistently can fly out 5km one way with everything stock and could fly a lot farther if it weren't for the battery limitations. Defiantly not a signal restraint.

Is this more for boosting the signal in congested areas? Because I consistently can fly out 5km one way with everything stock and could fly a lot farther if it weren't for the battery limitations. Defiantly not a signal restraint.

It's situational for sure. Some people can't get out of their neighborhood.

It's kind of interesting because I have two remotes- when I fly with my stock remote, and turn on the Cyclone and just let it sit with it on, it immediately starts scrambling the signal. I assume this interference is similar to a neighborhood full of wifi routers!

Short answer is both.

Then I bought one... now your just in here running mouth, troll.

Buy one or go elsewhere.

#notrollingzone buddy.
Well in less than 24 hours I'll have the next step up from Titan. Do a search on my post there Speedo.... And welcome back to the bozo's on my ignore list.... ;)

Well in less than 24 hours I'll have the next step up from Titan. Do a search on my post there Speedo.... And welcome back to the bozo's on my ignore list.... ;)

This thread is about the Cyclone. Buy one, or don't make commentary.

I once was told that and got my credit card out.

Lead by example. Tiger.

...and what would that be? Missed it I guess.
This thread is about the Cyclone. Buy one, or don't make commentary.

I once was told that and got my credit card out.

Lead by example. Tiger.
Come on guys, kiss n make up?? Otherwise Dirk might get in here and kick both yer hineys!

Oh yes, very nice piece of work.
Speedo blocked? Cause of the " married couple" stuff you guys been pullin?

Yeah. He's mad because he's trolling this thread. It's all good when he calls other people out for it, but when it's him he cries, takes his ball and goes home

Yes true, but isnt that the same thing?

I left my antenna on, and tried to fly with my stock controller, man that interfered so bad with the stock controller.

elaborate TLS, you had the antenna sitting off to the side, unconnected, but powered boosters and you was flying a different stock controller and you think the unconnected boosters that had no 2.4 "load" caused interference??

elaborate TLS, you had the antenna sitting off to the side, unconnected, but powered boosters and you was flying a different stock controller and you think the unconnected boosters that had no 2.4 "load" caused interference??

Maybe I didn't explain.

So I was flying with both remotes-
Stock
With Cyclone

I flew with the Cyclone first and had a great solid flight.

When I switched and re-linked my stock remote (which sucks by the way having to sync every time I switch, unless I want to have primary and secondary), I shut off the controller, but accidentally left the antenna on next to me.

When I started the "stock" flight, my video feed was super laggy and choppy... I figured it was too hot out? I looked over and saw my controller there with the antenna hooked up and on. I reached over, shut it off, and the video stabilized and was fine afterwards.

So yes, it was on, and I do think it was causing interference from the Mavic to my controller and phone.

I did my longest flight afterwards and not more laggy video?

Also, not just boosters on, but the whole setup was left on if that makes sense. Just the controller was off I believe. But the antenna was hooked up and on.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Maybe I didn't explain.

So I was flying with both remotes-
Stock
With Cyclone

I flew with the Cyclone first and had a great solid flight.

When I switched and re-linked my stock remote (which sucks by the way having to sync every time I switch, unless I want to have primary and secondary), I shut off the controller, but accidentally left the antenna on next to me.

When I started the "stock" flight, my video feed was super laggy and choppy... I figured it was too hot out? I looked over and saw my controller there with the antenna hooked up and on. I reached over, shut it off, and the video stabilized and was fine afterwards.

So yes, it was on, and I do think it was causing interference from the Mavic to my controller and phone.

I did my longest flight afterwards and not more laggy video?
Just to be clear you had the longest flight with the *stock* controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters