DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

1. Clear LOS maybe the First 200m but like I said it is barley going farther then stock controller. maybe just that much congestion, ill take some pictures tonight.

2. Height 40-60m
3. ill try a less congested area this weekend
4. always HD drops first.. but RC is not to far behind

Bad signal due congestion is overrated. I ve ran my systems beyond 40.000' in semi-congested areas and over open water. Performance is the same..
But... if your mav disappears behind a building or a nasty tree line or other terrain: You WILL lose signal stock or boosted. I ve said this numerous times: Fly clear LoS. Otherwise do not complain that the system is bad cause it's not.
If your RC and HD deteriorate almost simultaneous I know for a fact it's because of obstructed LoS. The RC signal, when boosted, is far superior to the HD signal and should outlast HD by far.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Below is the email instruction from Jim to solve my battery display readout. Very easy and my guess is this should help with a few of the posts. Remember I’m a user not the supplier so your mileage may vary. Lol

There are a few sensitivity settings on the voltmeter so if you could take something small into press the button below the meter. While it is depressed turn on the unit and you should see L3. Once you do you can turn off the switch and then release the small button. That should reset your voltmeter to the proper sensitivity settings. Also want more thing to check when the unit is powered on you can press that small button and switch over to voltage reading you should read anywhere between 11.9 and 12.6 if you do the unit is fully charged.
Jim

Reactions: BigAl KY
It's better than the other offerings. It performs the same, has good battery life and is super compact and all in one.

The maxx UAV version is clunky.

It depends on what design you like. I love the MaxxUAV version cause it balances my remote nicely amongst other things and the Cyclone for innovative design. Both work great, I cannot imagine not having a boosted system in my toolbox!

All. Not sure is this will help with the concern on battery not charging or reading oddly but I also had odd readings (would not charge over 70%) and they suggested a Very simple battery calibration using the tiny button below the display to correct. Worked perfect since and only takes a few seconds to do. My guess is the drained battery post just needs a calibrate. I will look for the exact process and email to use the button.

Well I didn't know that. I saw that little button and wondered what it was for.

So how do you calibrate? Charge it for several hours and then hit it?

I see it always shows 100% while charging. And when I first turn it on afterwards it fluctuates up and down until it settles.

It feels like it really likes to be at 60% or so.

It depends on what design you like. I love the MaxxUAV version cause it balances my remote nicely amongst other things and the Cyclone for innovative design. Both work great, I cannot imagine not having a boosted system in my toolbox!

Yeah their latest offering is nicer. For the phantom it looked like a steam punk controller.

Well I didn't know that. I saw that little button and wondered what it was for.

So how do you calibrate? Charge it for several hours and then hit it?

I see it always shows 100% while charging. And when I first turn it on afterwards it fluctuates up and down until it settles.

It feels like it really likes to be at 60% or so.

I posted the step by step process above? Did that not work for you?

You think it works as good as the DBS02.2?

I do. Having both it's like Android and Apple. It comes down to aesthetics and workmanship. The Titan is very nice and well thought out.

I've had the MaxxDBS AND the regular DBS panel, and finally the Nanosync.

I think the Titan has a more consistent signal. Of course I don't have those systems anymore, but from memory the Titan was super solid all the way out. Not one glitch or delay that I saw.

Reactions: BigAl KY
I do. Having both it's like Android and Apple. It comes down to aesthetics and workmanship. The Titan is very nice and well thought out.

I've had the MaxxDBS AND the regular DBS panel, and finally the Nanosync.

I think the Titan has a more consistent signal. Of course I don't have those systems anymore, but from memory the Titan was super solid all the way out. Not one glitch or delay that I saw.
Good deal man thanks. Glad you like it.

So out of all these different aftermarket antenna's which one would you buy again?

Is that ipad mini or regular ipad pros??
I decided to move my review here since this directly relates to the new Cyclone Antenna. I hate when content is barried all over forums out of topic..... If anyone is interested this is my First ever attempt at modding and a have a Huge 20 flights under my belt so use this info at your own discretion. To me, it would seem somewhat valuable since if I can do it, it Can't be all that hard. Package arrive within 3 days of order! Good start. Clean and organized packaging. Would have liked to see some type of paper instruction if at the least to remind me where the videos were on the net. Minor detail but I am sharing my view. Install was intimidating to start but I must say their YouTube video was by far the best I have seen for Any install/repair. Great filming, perfect detailed explanation, and a slow pace anyone can follow. Was Incredibly easy. Anyone that can slowly work a screwdriver and has a generally steady hand can do this! It is spooky cracking open this beautiful new toy but you get over it quick. Lol. Factory antennas came out perfectly with no damage. Could easily return to stock if I wished though I don't see why you would? I did also opt for the whip antenna option for local short flying. Below are images of how it looks with my current setup. I use the iPad 4 as my display so that is what is shown. Can't comment on phones or other but with the iPad the weight balance is almost perfectly centered on the Mavic remote. I trying to take a picture of me balancing it with my fingers but no go on getting that picture so you'll just have to trust me.?. Doesn't feel to heavy but remember I am New to this hobby so others may think otherwise. Fit and finish is absolutely beautiful. The parts appear to be clean cut laser and every detail looks well thought out. For now, I will show off some pics of how far I got mechanically. Tomorrow I will make a few test runs to see if its just pretty or improves my stock results. (based on My area!) I will have a second post (Hopefully much shorter) after my flight data review. As noted before, I live in a dense area so my results will Not impress most. My record stock flight is only 1950 feet before completely loosing signal. I wish I had a corn field near by but not many in my area of Chicago...lol

Time to take apart my brand new toy.
View attachment 19524

View attachment 19525

View attachment 19526

View attachment 19527

View attachment 19528
Impressed with how balanced the setup is.
View attachment 19529
that m

Good question and I’d like to see the answer too. Let’s hope it’s a clear answer.

If I could choose -

1. Titan
2. DBS

In that order.

Mainly because of the compact "all in one design". The MaxxUAV or DBS panel is tried and true with the amps and battery packs etc. however the design and functionality leaves something to be desired. It's clunky, bulky and has several components you have to deal with. The Titan has design and functionality as it's biggest feature. Assuming the distances and power are all same. Which I can't test because I sold everything when I got the Mavic. But from memory the Titan is equally as powerful and strong. I'm going to run it out and see what happens, but so far it's been perfect.

My biggest issue with the Titan is this-
1. All the weight is hanging over the front of the remote. Which makes holding it awkward.
2. No, or very little testing online. There's just not much to research. What videos do exist are vague and biased. IMO.

so my answer is yes, if I were to buy a setup again, based on what I've experienced so far. It's amazing Titan is building and packing these here in the USA.

With all that said- my issue with both is this- "DO YOU ACTUALLY NEED IT?". In short not really. The Mavic system unlike all other DJI Drones has a system that is unmatched. I personally haven't found the end of the Mavic's stock power. The battery runs out long before the signal does. The #1 and #2 on the leaderboard used a Stock remote I believe. Or at least it was that way.

So the need is really based on your environment and where you're flying.

Hope that helps.

Yea that helps thanks for the input.

I live in suburbs/ older sub-division with lots of mature 100' trees and houses. I have made it out a little over a mile once but that's going in one certain line between trees at 400'. I am limited to about 1500' at 150' because of trees/interference. I have been really happy so far compared to P3S. I don't plan on doing any max distance competition just would be nice to insure best signal possible.

Below is the email instruction from Jim to solve my battery display readout. Very easy and my guess is this should help with a few of the posts. Remember I’m a user not the supplier so your mileage may vary. Lol

There are a few sensitivity settings on the voltmeter so if you could take something small into press the button below the meter. While it is depressed turn on the unit and you should see L3. Once you do you can turn off the switch and then release the small button. That should reset your voltmeter to the proper sensitivity settings. Also want more thing to check when the unit is powered on you can press that small button and switch over to voltage reading you should read anywhere between 11.9 and 12.6 if you do the unit is fully charged.
Jim
It looks like my battery is damaged, was still on 0% when I went to bed, so I left it to charge all night. It's got to 27% by this morning but hasn't changed in the last 5 hrs. I've tried the calibration above but it still only shows 27%. These batteries are custom made and have 8 wires coming out of them, I'm not competent enough to make one myself so I'll be ordering a new one from Titan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird