DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

So here we are again discussing modifications to hardware to fly way way way out of VLOS.....but talking about a small parameter mod to fly a bit faster of ascend/descend a bit quicker is banned!!??

Would it be that the owners of this Forum have a vested $$$ interest in the vendors selling theses antennas, batteries, etc??!!

Well sort of. The vendors sell antennas.

They say the reason is safety and modifying code is hacking basically.

Hacking according to the rules isn't morally or ethically right, but modding your bird is your business.

Well sort of. The vendors sell antennas.

They say the reason is safety and modifying code is hacking basically.

Hacking according to the rules isn't morally or ethically right, but modding your bird is your business.
Legally in most countries you can hack what belongs to you! So it is morally and ethically right then!

Reactions: aguila and SkyNinja
Just got mine all set up. will have to wait 2 weeks before I can really test the long range of it. Property up north.

ill test in the city tonight and see how it does

Here is a Pic of the modified Controller and Stickered up MavicView attachment 20378

and here is an image of my Longest Flight with NO controller mods 2000meters (6561feet)

View attachment 20379

Looking forward to seeing your testing! I should have my Cyclone next week some time also and hope it helps in my area. I'm really new too these higher end drone setups just started buying/using them this year so learn a lot every time I fly.

With the Mavic some areas the Range seems endless way more than I need. Other areas 1500ft out signal drops and I have to struggle to get it back or hit RTH. Signal range varies so much depending on terrain and wifi in the area I'm really just hoping to keep strong signal and HD video at decent ranges around my farm

Are you in CE or FCC region? Even when I am on CE and in a big city with lots of interference, I can get 1.8km+. In an area with little to no interference (ocean), I got more than 3.6km, limited by battery due to strong wind instead of signal as signal was still quite good.

How do you point your antenna? Maybe - just maybe - you don't point it correctly? I found that pointing it as suggested by the manual will give you worse result than pointing it perpendicular to the AC.

in the city I don't fly to far, the 2000m in the picture was on my property up north lots of trees 35-40m tall, the unpaved airport is on the property.
I'm also very cautious when flying far distance. once that signal bar gets low I clinch the butt checks, panic and head home.. I'm sure I could push more..

do you have pictures??

I point the antenna as suggested in the manual, is there a better way to direct my antenna's

Looking forward to seeing your testing! I should have my Cyclone next week some time also and hope it helps in my area. I'm really new too these higher end drone setups just started buying/using them this year so learn a lot every time I fly.

With the Mavic some areas the Range seems endless way more than I need. Other areas 1500ft out signal drops and I have to struggle to get it back or hit RTH. Signal range varies so much depending on terrain and wifi in the area I'm really just hoping to keep strong signal and HD video at decent ranges around my farm

that's my goal to... we have acers on acers of property with rivers and wild life. that doesn't mean I don't want to see if I can reach town 4-5km away... to see..

also great for seeing if there are people roaming the property..

I like the nice tidy setup of this antenna. I bought a second controller and had it modded. I'm currently running the boosted nanosync setup and I've been impressed. I'm guessing that this Titan setup will result in basically the same performance but I DO like the neater/tidier setup so I may eventually convert over.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I like the nice tidy setup of this antenna. I bought a second controller and had it modded. I'm currently running the boosted nanosync setup and I've been impressed. I'm guessing that this Titan setup will result in basically the same performance but I DO like the neater/tidier setup so I may eventually convert over.

I had a Nanosync system, but I hated it. It's just messy, too many things to do to setup etc.

The Titan, is largely unproven on a big scale (according to the leaderboard here), but the compact one piece system is very attractive.

I too bought another remote and the antenna Cyclone for this same purpose. I'm excited to give it a try.

in the city I don't fly to far, the 2000m in the picture was on my property up north lots of trees 35-40m tall, the unpaved airport is on the property.
I'm also very cautious when flying far distance. once that signal bar gets low I clinch the butt checks, panic and head home.. I'm sure I could push more..

do you have pictures??

I point the antenna as suggested in the manual, is there a better way to direct my antenna's
Sorry I don't have pictures.

In my experience and following suggestion from the experts here, it's best to point the antenna perpendicular to the drone. In other words, the wide part of the antenna is facing the drone, not facing the ground at 45 deg angle.

Usually, I will run out of RC signal bar while the HD signal is still quite strong. Now that I am on FCC power, I can reach 3.5km in the city with stock antenna. By about 2.4km out, my RC signal is already 0 while HD still have 4 bars. I can still push it until 3.3 - 3.5km. Just set your RTH properly, and you'll be fine. Don't worry about losing signal.

I wish you wrote this 3 months ago before I "wasted" my money on antennas :D. I spent a lot of time lately doing comparisons that you can read in the other forum (in which you are also a member).

Now I have to "waste" more money on boosters :D
I did write this kinda stuff more often..also 3 months ago.

Not sure if this video has been posted yet...but they used a titan cyclone:

So here we are again discussing modifications to hardware to fly way way way out of VLOS.....but talking about a small parameter mod to fly a bit faster of ascend/descend a bit quicker is banned!!??

Would it be that the owners of this Forum have a vested $$$ interest in the vendors selling theses antennas, batteries, etc??!!
What's wrong with flying way out of VLOS? Staying in VLOS is actually more ridiculous with this kind of gear.
I know, the other thing we're not allowed to discuss here is also kind of harmless...gotta take this the way it comes i guess.

d6f94efba0dde967a9a28319bc9d9047.jpg

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser