DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

what you call battery mod ? and where to buy them.

basically i don't really understand that answer...poster was asking what is the range with that RC mod Versus Stock RC

that's why, to me, your answer about battery mod seems out of topic...but can you specify ?

and if the bump in range with modified batteries (whatever that means) are as you stated , so what is the range with stock battery (because your answer seem to refer to "stock'' Remote control) ?

Thank you

Kony,
The forum thread you need is-
Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Also as far as these distances I would go to the leaderboard and read a lot.

As far as these claims with a 5,000mah battery? Most haven't been able to get a great flight with a 5,000mah single, but rather two 3,000mah LIHV batteries.

There's so much it will derail this thread. Search around.

I'll be keeping a eye out for updates since there are several guys already using or will be soon using these systems.

If I do a second remote I would just go cyclone since size and weight wouldn't be a issue having dual controllers one mod and one stock.
That said After a lot of reading I think the basic Control model would be a nice improvement also with less size/weight if a guys concerned about that.

I can see myself buying a second Mavic Pro in a few months or maybe a new Mavic Pro 2 if that happens soon enough :)

Having a titan mod remote will be very useful for me going forward since most all my drone gear extras is Mavic related (6 batteries, 2 hard cases, soft cases, fast charger, etc etc).

Kony,
The forum thread you need is-
Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Also as far as these distances I would go to the leaderboard and read a lot.

As far as these claims with a 5,000mah battery? Most haven't been able to get a great flight with a 5,000mah single, but rather two 3,000mah LIHV batteries.

There's so much it will derail this thread. Search around.

That's pretty cool on the battery Mod.
It looks like to me DJI or a aftermarket company could very easy add more Mah to the current Mavic battery just make the battery larger on top with a small angle down on front for better wind flow.

Thanks just ordered cant wait to get it and try, I'm thinking I will have better range as I would fly over water "River" with trees at 30-40 meters only.. will try and update this thread as I do testing

I was the same as you only making it 1000-1600m hoping this gets me that extra distance to explore more

As promised my first of several test updates on this antenna mod. Let me first start with a reminder disclaimer! I am a complete newbie to the drone world with a whopping 21 now flights under my belt. lol Second and Most importantly, I am Not looking to impress anyone with my achievements or reporting ability. I am in a Really crappy area with intense mature tree cover and wifi up the wazoo! As mentioned before my Record is a pathetic 1950 feet (plus minus 25') depending on how daring I wanted to get with this expensive toy! After that point, both HD signal and transmitter logo (thing?) would go to no bars and RTH would activate while I clenched my butt cheeks. I promise most will Not be impressed with my area results but here they are! First note, I still haven't figured out how you guys take those awesome screen captures or vids so I did my best to iPad double button capture which I am sure is not right?? This first flight was simply to remain a man of my word to fly today. However, I need to do more testing later or tomorrow because from take off to flight I was constantly getting the "Extreme Wind Warning" so my confidence was Extremely cautious to go outside my lack of knowledge comfort zone!! First flight was Exactly the same as the one I do each time. 390 feet elevation Straight north. No deviation and from my 2 story home back yard. While not impressive to some I made it to 3941 feet with virtually the same signal I had the entire trip. For me, that is over Double the distance I was ever able to go so color me impressed so far. Again, not much to write home about but double anything in life is good by most standards. I feel fairly confident I can (and Will) go much further in the days to come but with the drone flying virtually sideways in the wind I just didn't have the marbles to test my lack of flying skills on this day! In closing, for visual my area (Chicago burbs area) I am flying from a mature heavily wooded area with trees roughly 125 plus feet in height. Older neighborhood with above ground power lines across the entire grid including my take off yard. Hope this helps someone, I will answer what I know if asked.

I have 2 controllers, one stock and one modified for over 15 miles range. Both are useful depending on the desired flight. I fly over 10 miles out in congested silicon valley. I think the Titan offering is quite appealing with the all contained setup which is easily mounted. If you're not interested in this setup, why are you trolling?
He's been Trolling these people for too long and it needs to stop. And "He" knows who he is.

I just ordered a new Inspire 1 V2 with Cyclone Mod for the remote. If I choose I can mod my Mavic controller also and use the same Cyclone back and forth or by a second one if I really like it.

I just ordered a new Inspire 1 V2 with Cyclone Mod for the remote. If I choose I can mod my Mavic controller also and use the same Cyclone back and forth or by a second one if I really like it.

That is a really nice feature. IF you need it, and the inspire and Phantom series does, might as well do the Mavic also if you have the antenna.

You guys really have not read my review on the Cyclone did ya (in the previous thread)?
In a nutshell: performance of Cyclone is similar to nanosync boosted which means: way better than stock, way better in interference areas, and you will need a good set of external batteries to outperform signal (if possible).
It's no use to say the product will not work cause it does! I ve been out over 10km with these in areas my stock system will hit RTH after 3 km (because of interference areas i could not pass).
Still if you try to make distance breaking radio LoS you should not complain if it does no magic. There will be no system for mavic that will satisfy your needs in that case so you can stop searching.

You guys really have not read my review on the Cyclone did ya (in the previous thread)?
In a nutshell: performance of Cyclone is similar to nanosync boosted which means: way better than stock, way better in interference areas, and you will need a good set of external batteries to outperform signal (if possible).
It's no use to say the product will not work cause it does! I ve been out over 10km with these in areas my stock system will hit RTH after 3 km (because of interference areas i could not pass).
Still if you try to make distance breaking radio LoS you should not complain if it does no magic. There will be no system for mavic that will satisfy your needs in that case so you can stop searching.

My only point ever Maclak was we already see that the limitations are the battery over signal. But in congested scenarios, yes, it's a winner I'm sure. It's nice and tidy.

My only point ever Maclak was we already see that the limitations are the battery over signal. But in congested scenarios, yes, it's a winner I'm sure. It's nice and tidy.

Remember though - not everyone buying a range extender device is doing it solely for increased distance.

Reactions: scottebay
@Maclak @Yelobird @titandrones you'll be happy to know today I placed my order for the Cyclone System.

I bought another remote for the sole purpose of doing this Mod.

I think I'm going to get this put together, do extensive testing and then sell it as a package or give it away on YouTube.

I truest want to do a ONE WAY @dirtybum (or was it @DirtyBird) style flight. I'm interested to see the capabilities with a large battery mod, the distance this antenna can go versus the stock antenna.

My plan in simple-
Two controllers hooked up
One on one end and the the other on the opposite end of things. Approximately 5miles apart.
Run it into one direction towards the other remote and person and see if the original can maintain control of it throughout.

In the event it can't it may jump on the receiving remote?

At any rate I want to test a one way flight. 6 miles? Maybe more? Who knows!

Sounds like a fun test. I would imagine you could set it up as waypoint mission so you wouldn't have it doing an Amelia Earhart on you. You could then have a log where signal dropped. Pick it up on the other end and send back.

Remember though - not everyone buying a range extender device is doing it solely for increased distance.
Very true.
I started using antenna mod cause i could not fly 1.5 km into a certain direction without RTH. Signal was also not steady enough to do proper mid range filming without one of the ends going into red bar. This was very distracting when you try to get into what this type of drone is made for. Quickly found out that any unboosted antenna, except one (fpvlr 3dr solo "boobs" antenna) was a total waste of money.
When boosted even the superior fpvlr antenna becomes an equal match to other antennas (titan, nanosync, dbs, dipoles etc).
Now it becomes a matter of how the mount is designed for mavic and the quality of components.
Im able to produce a mount and boosted unit in half an hour, for the cost of amps and cheap patch antennas and hobby materials i have at my disposal (and i also did this) but does it look slick? Maybe. Is it durable? Time will tell. Can anyone do it? Possibly. Does everyone want to do it? No.
That's why we have Titandrones, Maxxuav etc. Good people making nice stuff. I like it.

Reactions: rotor and MrsTreat
Just got mine all set up. will have to wait 2 weeks before I can really test the long range of it. Property up north.

ill test in the city tonight and see how it does

Here is a Pic of the modified Controller and Stickered up Mavicdrone.JPG

and here is an image of my Longest Flight with NO controller mods 2000meters (6561feet)

2007m.png

Quickly found out that any unboosted antenna, except one (fpvlr 3dr solo "boobs" antenna) was a total waste of money.
When boosted even the superior fpvlr antenna becomes an equal match to other antennas (titan, nanosync, dbs, dipoles etc.
I wish you wrote this 3 months ago before I "wasted" my money on antennas :D. I spent a lot of time lately doing comparisons that you can read in the other forum (in which you are also a member).

Now I have to "waste" more money on boosters :D

So here we are again discussing modifications to hardware to fly way way way out of VLOS.....but talking about a small parameter mod to fly a bit faster of ascend/descend a bit quicker is banned!!??

Would it be that the owners of this Forum have a vested $$$ interest in the vendors selling theses antennas, batteries, etc??!!

Reactions: SkyNinja
Just got mine all set up. will have to wait 2 weeks before I can really test the long range of it. Property up north.

ill test in the city tonight and see how it does

Here is a Pic of the modified Controller and Stickered up MavicView attachment 20378

and here is an image of my Longest Flight with NO controller mods 2000meters (6561feet)

View attachment 20379
Are you in CE or FCC region? Even when I am on CE and in a big city with lots of interference, I can get 1.8km+. In an area with little to no interference (ocean), I got more than 3.6km, limited by battery due to strong wind instead of signal as signal was still quite good.

How do you point your antenna? Maybe - just maybe - you don't point it correctly? I found that pointing it as suggested by the manual will give you worse result than pointing it perpendicular to the AC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird