DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

I've had the panel plugged in for over 8 hours now and the battery indicator is still only at 30% and the light on the charger is still red. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

You need to try the battery reset thing.

Also, unplug it and see how long it will stay on all hooked up.

Titan will take care of it.

It turns out it was shipped turned on, which I didn't realize since there's no basic instructions to be found. I assume the issue was charging with the device on, so now it's charging with the panel off. What does each position on the 3-way rocker switch indicate? I know middle is off.

I will try the reset next, and if it turns out there's an issue and not just user error then I'll try reaching out to Titan.

Thanks,
Joe

It turns out it was shipped turned on, which I didn't realize since there's no basic instructions to be found. I assume the issue was charging with the device on, so now it's charging with the panel off. What does each position on the 3-way rocker switch indicate? I know middle is off.

I will try the reset next, and if it turns out there's an issue and not just user error then I'll try reaching out to Titan.

Thanks,
Joe

Yeah it’s a on off on.

Yeah that button is a challenge.

I'm thinking they did that for further expansion/upgrades. Perhaps to switch to amped/boosted whips. :eek:

I think it’s the only switch they had.

It blows me away how much money he must have spent in tooling for all that injection molding etc.

But I believe the rocker switch and the volt meter is off the shelf.

I designed a 3D printed “shoulder” around mine. I just need to glue it to the housing. That way it can’t be turned on by accident!

Of course attached to my windshield it should be on all the time anyway!

Thanks,
Joe
That battery over-discharged so it is probably fried since there is no protection against this inside of that battery. You might as well ship that one back to Titan for a replacement battery.

I think it’s the only switch they had.

It blows me away how much money he must have spent in tooling for all that injection molding etc.

But I believe the rocker switch and the volt meter is off the shelf.

I designed a 3D printed “shoulder” around mine. I just need to glue it to the housing. That way it can’t be turned on by accident!

Of course attached to my windshield it should be on all the time anyway!
The slide type switch like the Conquer has is a much better choice than the rocker type.

I could use some help- its my first post but I've been following these threads for a while now. I'm not a smart man... so any advice would be welcome (and I'll post all results).

I'm on the outskirts/near suburbs of a medium sized city, and usually begin my flights ascending to 120 feet just to get above the house/tree line surrounding me before heading out. There are more open spaces around, but if I wanted to fly from home thats what I've got. The stock controller/ antenna are not great from here.

Im ready to pull the trigger and order from Titan - either the Atlas or the Cyclone - but cant figure out which is best for my situation. There's definitely significant wi-fi saturation, and also houses/trees/buildings all around. I've been leaning toward the Atlas... from what I gather the omni-directional will make it through trees/around buildings better... but what about the wi-fi / RF all around?

I guess last thing- I'm not looking to set any long distance records... but would definitly like to be able to stretch my legs and get out there further than now (3-4000ft is generally all I can get out of the stock controller)

Any thoughts?

I could use some help- its my first post but I've been following these threads for a while now. I'm not a smart man... so any advice would be welcome (and I'll post all results).

I'm on the outskirts/near suburbs of a medium sized city, and usually begin my flights ascending to 120 feet just to get above the house/tree line surrounding me before heading out. There are more open spaces around, but if I wanted to fly from home thats what I've got. The stock controller/ antenna are not great from here.

Im ready to pull the trigger and order from Titan - either the Atlas or the Cyclone - but cant figure out which is best for my situation. There's definitely significant wi-fi saturation, and also houses/trees/buildings all around. I've been leaning toward the Atlas... from what I gather the omni-directional will make it through trees/around buildings better... but what about the wi-fi / RF all around?

I guess last thing- I'm not looking to set any long distance records... but would definitly like to be able to stretch my legs and get out there further than now (3-4000ft is generally all I can get out of the stock controller)

Any thoughts?

I can only speak to the Cyclone really. It works great and it’s give me a good 180° field of flight. Even behind me in close proximity.

For the money the Cyclone is portable whereas the Atlas you have two whip antennas to pack around. But I guess on paper the Atlas would be better in around large buildings and flying in a circle around you.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr

Any thoughts?

If you need or want to go 4,000’ and can maintain pointing at the Aircraft I’d say the Cyclone is better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi