DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

I've installed and briefly tested the Cyclone (just flew one battery's worth due to limited sunlight).

My comments regarding installation:

I referred to two different youtube videos to help guide me during the installation process. Slightly different techniques allowed for a method that worked best for me.

For me, the hardest parts of the assembly process were the removal of the bottom panel/cap (the one where the USB plugs into). At times it felt like I was going to snap that part in half...or break the little tabs/clips with all that prying and bending. And removing the old antennas (without breaking/cutting the clip/tab that holds the antennas in place). Everything else was relatively easy. Just had to be patient and take my time.

Not sure if it was just my setup, but my QMA connectors barely had enough threads to fasten the bracket. I couldn't install the lock washers because the were only 2 or 3 threads beyond the bracket.

The battery for the Cyclone does not charge past 75%. I charged with the switch on the antenna off. The charger LED was red in the beginning but later turned green...but battery indicator showed no more than 75%..even after leaving it connected to the charger for another hour or two. When I turn on the switch, the LED on the charger turned red. Do I have to leave the switch ON or OFF to charge?

Here's a few pics:
I used the foam sheet that came with the Cyclone package to keep the screws organized.
IMG_4550.JPG

Next few shots show the nuts without lock washers.
IMG_4551.JPG IMG_4552.JPG IMG_4553.JPG

Red LED indicating charging status.
IMG_4554.JPG

Green LED indicating charge complete (I think)???
IMG_4555.JPG

After several hours of charge.
IMG_4556.JPG

Reactions: MrsTreat
I've installed and briefly tested the Cyclone (just flew one battery's worth due to limited sunlight).

My comments regarding installation:

I referred to two different youtube videos to help guide me during the installation process. Slightly different techniques allowed for a method that worked best for me.

For me, the hardest parts of the assembly process were the removal of the bottom panel/cap (the one where the USB plugs into). At times it felt like I was going to snap that part in half...or break the little tabs/clips with all that prying and bending. And removing the old antennas (without breaking/cutting the clip/tab that holds the antennas in place). Everything else was relatively easy. Just had to be patient and take my time.

Not sure if it was just my setup, but my QMA connectors barely had enough threads to fasten the bracket. I couldn't install the lock washers because the were only 2 or 3 threads beyond the bracket.

The battery for the Cyclone does not charge past 75%. I charged with the switch on the antenna off. The charger LED was red in the beginning but later turned green...but battery indicator showed no more than 75%..even after leaving it connected to the charger for another hour or two. When I turn on the switch, the LED on the charger turned red. Do I have to leave the switch ON or OFF to charge?

Here's a few pics:
I used the foam sheet that came with the Cyclone package to keep the screws organized.
View attachment 22080

Next few shots show the nuts without lock washers.
View attachment 22081 View attachment 22082 View attachment 22083

Red LED indicating charging status.
View attachment 22084

Green LED indicating charge complete (I think)???
View attachment 22085

After several hours of charge.
View attachment 22086

That’s so funny. Me too. I didn’t have the washers on mine. I thought it was a mistake by me.

Glad it’s all working out.

But just so you know leaving the antenna on for extended periods is really and for the amps. So no, charge with it off.

I just installed my Atlas tonight, same situation- had to install without lock washers. I completely agree about the install- that bottom plate is a m-f'er. Still, totally doable for most Id say.

Is there a difference in the functionality between "On" left-side or right?

(James, you're the man- Thank you for accommodating me with the blazing fast shipping- you killed it for us!)

If you need or want to go 4,000’ and can maintain pointing at the Aircraft I’d say the Cyclone is better.

If there are a number of trees at the beginning of your flight path, I think the Atlas would be better. Without the trees the Cyclone would be better. The trees were messing me up only at the beginning from my home with the Cyclone. I could only go about 4000ft. Switching to the Atlas, I went to over 6000ft and haven't tried since. The only thing I'm not sure of is you have both trees and RF environment. I can just tell you my experience. Might want to shoot that question to Titan.

Last edited:
I contacted Titan last night and heard back from James within 5 minutes despite it being after close of business. After charging for 24 hours the charger light was green but the panel only showed 77% battery. I went through the reset procedure and now the battery is showing 100% with a voltage of 12.5v. Seems like over-discharging didn't cause any permanent damage to the battery, now if the wind would die down I could actually test the antenna. Thanks for the help everyone!

-Joe

That’s so funny. Me too. I didn’t have the washers on mine. I thought it was a mistake by me.

Glad it’s all working out.

But just so you know leaving the antenna on for extended periods is really and for the amps. So no, charge with it off.

I left it charging overnight with switch off and battery meter still showing less than 75%. I'll have to contact Titan Drones.

I posted the instructions from James at Titan in post 122. If you are having incorrect battery readings, or the power drove down to 0 you need to recalibrate the meter. Give it a try, its a fairly simple process. Here is the post again below...

Below is the email instruction from Jim to solve my battery display readout. Very easy and my guess is this should help with a few of the posts. Remember I’m a user not the supplier so your mileage may vary. Lol
There are a few sensitivity settings on the voltmeter so if you could take something small into press the button below the meter. While it is depressed turn on the unit and you should see L3. Once you do you can turn off the switch and then release the small button. That should reset your voltmeter to the proper sensitivity settings. Also want more thing to check when the unit is powered on you can press that small button and switch over to voltage reading you should read anywhere between 11.9 and 12.6 if you do the unit is fully charged.
Jim

I posted the instructions from James at Titan in post 122. If you are having incorrect battery readings, or the power drove down to 0 you need to recalibrate the meter. Give it a try, its a fairly simple process. Here is the post again below...

Below is the email instruction from Jim to solve my battery display readout. Very easy and my guess is this should help with a few of the posts. Remember I’m a user not the supplier so your mileage may vary. Lol
There are a few sensitivity settings on the voltmeter so if you could take something small into press the button below the meter. While it is depressed turn on the unit and you should see L3. Once you do you can turn off the switch and then release the small button. That should reset your voltmeter to the proper sensitivity settings. Also want more thing to check when the unit is powered on you can press that small button and switch over to voltage reading you should read anywhere between 11.9 and 12.6 if you do the unit is fully charged.
Jim

Thanks Yelobird... I couldn’t find the procedure.

I think it’s the only switch they had.

It blows me away how much money he must have spent in tooling for all that injection molding etc.

But I believe the rocker switch and the volt meter is off the shelf.

I designed a 3D printed “shoulder” around mine. I just need to glue it to the housing. That way it can’t be turned on by accident!

Of course attached to my windshield it should be on all the time anyway!

Mr Lightspeed since we are BFF's again Lol would you consider offering or advising on your switch protector? That has been my only grip with the Titan so far. Both times in transport via bag or otherwise the On/On switch gets tripped and drains to nada. This button Needs a cover as you suggest. Pretty Please.........

Mr Lightspeed since we are BFF's again Lol would you consider offering or advising on your switch protector? That has been my only grip with the Titan so far. Both times in transport via bag or otherwise the On/On switch gets tripped and drains to nada. This button Needs a cover as you suggest. Pretty Please.........

I haven’t printed it yet... but it’s just a “shoulder” around the switch.

Yelobird, my friend, when I get it done would you like to have one?

I just got some carbon fiber filament and it should look sweet!

I’m designing it is AutoCad Fusion 360

And yes to all. Not sure Why the 3 way switch was used other that as Lightspeed points out it was just what he had but for me its just Double the chance to have it power up accidentally in my bag. lol. It is center off and on/on left and right. Or if you prefer, Left on for week days and Right on for weekends.....lol

I haven’t printed it yet... but it’s just a “shoulder” around the switch.

Yelobird, my friend, when I get it done would you like to have one?

I just got some carbon fiber filament and it should look sweet!

I’m designing it is AutoCad Fusion 360

I would Sincerely be indebted to you! That is a Much needed Mod for this antenna setup! I would even be your beta tester if you like. lol

And yes to all. Not sure Why the 3 way switch was used other that as Lightspeed points out it was just what he had but for me its just Double the chance to have it power up accidentally in my bag. lol. It is center off and on/on left and right. Or if you prefer, Left on for week days and Right on for weekends.....lol

I’m going to make a better design with a box around the switch, and try to design a slide lid to cover it completely.

I might print it in Red.

I would Sincerely be indebted to you! That is a Much needed Mod for this antenna setup! I would even be your beta tester if you like. lol

I don’t charge either. Lol. I probably owe you a small print.

Right now my printer is on a 26 hour print. So I got a while.

Let me se if I can get a screen shot to show you

I just started with CAD designing a few weeks ago. I’ve made several things. I absolutely love it. It’s so much easier than I imagined but still hard as ****.

No challenge is easy or everyone would do it! Any idea you come up with I am Certain will be a drastic improvement over my bottle cap and tape current solution. lol No rush as effort and creativity shouldn't be rushed. If you consider selling one I would love to be first on your list. Most products Need forums and creative individuals to refine them to perfection. Good Luck

Turn panel off, hold the small button below the screen down and while holding it turn the panel on and it will display "L3", turn the panel off then back on and the battery level should display correctly.

-Joe

I just did it and it worked! Thanks. I wish I had time to fly. I gotta run out and do more errands :mad:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78