DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 11 beta 2: iPhone 7+/iPad air 2. Any issues with DJI Go app? Flight issues?

SRQflier89

Reactions
Just started running the new OS on my devices. Flying today with them for the first time. Haven’t encountered any bugs while in flight yet...fairly stable, but just curious if anyone else out there running the iOS 11 betas have ran into anything yet.

Just started running the new OS on my devices. Flying today with them for the first time. Haven’t encountered any bugs while in flight yet...fairly stable, but just curious if anyone else out there running the iOS 11 betas have ran into anything yet.
Off topic...how are the new IOS 11 features working for you?

I am running the ios11 beta on my ipad mini 2 and my ipad air. On the mini 2, the video feed lag is so bad its not usable on DJI GO 4. On my ipad air, it works 100000% perfectly. Including the screen recorder. Did I mention i love the screen recorder? :) I ran a 31 minute flight, ipad was at 100% charged .. recorded the whole flight with wifi on (hotspot from my phone) and once i landed battery was down to 74%. Not bad battery usage IMO. THere are a few other glitches in ios11 beta they need to iron out, but overall im happy. I'm not putting it on my cell phone till the full release though.

I am running the ios11 beta on my ipad mini 2 and my ipad air. On the mini 2, the video feed lag is so bad its not usable on DJI GO 4. On my ipad air, it works 100000% perfectly. Including the screen recorder. Did I mention i love the screen recorder? :) I ran a 31 minute flight, ipad was at 100% charged .. recorded the whole flight with wifi on (hotspot from my phone) and once i landed battery was down to 74%. Not bad battery usage IMO. THere are a few other glitches in ios11 beta they need to iron out, but overall im happy. I'm not putting it on my cell phone till the full release though.
Very encouraging...thanks!

Thanks! Glad to hear Some confirmation on that. I can’t attest for the iPad mini glitches, but I can say that I just finished running 2 batteries worth of flight using my iPad Air 2 and no lagging or bugs to report either. And I also hotspot off of my iPhone; I started the day at roughly 85% on the iPad, and after the beloved surprise-firmware update, and a total of ~45 minutes of flight time, the iPad had 64% remaining. So thats pretty **** good in my opinion. Also, I totally forgot about the screen recorder! Need to definitely give that a whirl next flight.

And I waited until the 2nd beta release of iOS 11 before I ran it on my iPhone. With having ran it for roughly 24hrs so far with the exception of a couple of minor bugs on a few of the new features, the overall reliability and usability is great. No inconveniences or big red flags yet.

Reactions: digdat0
here's the one screen recording I did. The only issue is it records (and saves) in portrait mode. I had to use Premier to flip it, hoping they fix it in the final release. The video on this is really shaky cause my gimbal is dead and I had the gimbal lock in place.

Cool, didn't realize that the screen recorder also captured sound.

Off topic...how are the new IOS 11 features working for you?

Great! Some of the new control center toggles are a little buggy, but aside from that everything so far is impressive. Battery life is fine on both devices, LTE and wifi performance is 100%, new keyboard features are convenient, the new “files” app is definitely an added bonus. One thing that I’ve found has been a small issue is there is an annoying bug regarding the Taptic feedback, it randomly “sounds/feels a little off.” Hard to explain, but very minor compared to the first beta release.

here's the one screen recording I did. The only issue is it records (and saves) in portrait mode. I had to use Premier to flip it, hoping they fix it in the final release. The video on this is really shaky cause my gimbal is dead and I had the gimbal lock in place.

Awesome! Just curious, how are you flying +30mph while not in sport mode? And the dead gimbal, how many hours of run time did you have on it B4 that died? Or was it from damage?

Awesome! Just curious, how are you flying +30mph while not in sport mode? And the dead gimbal, how many hours of run time did you have on it B4 that died? Or was it from damage?

If you disable obstacle avoidance you can fly up to 32mph while not in sport mode. Be careful, OA is a nice safety net.

For the gimbal i flew into a bush using active track (lost subject in the sun) and it tumbled. Replaced gimbal and i broke it again so just running with gimbal lock in place for now :) it was totally user error.

The latest DJI Go 4 app on iPhone 7 stopped connecting to DJI drones (Mavic and Spark) after updating iOS to version 11 beta 3. No problem with the same version of app and iOS on iPad. No problem with iPhone running iOS 11 beta 2 too. Looks like there is some incompatibility issues between DJI Go 4 and iOS 11 beta 3 that us specific to iPhone only. Anyone has experienced the same?

The latest DJI Go 4 app on iPhone 7 stopped connecting to DJI drones (Mavic and Spark) after updating iOS to version 11 beta 3. No problem with the same version of app and iOS on iPad. No problem with iPhone running iOS 11 beta 2 too. Looks like there is some incompatibility issues between DJI Go 4 and iOS 11 beta 3 that us specific to iPhone only. Anyone has experienced the same?
same problem BRO! waiting for DJI support! ;(

I had some time on Sunday and checked the same with the very latest iPad Pro 10.5 (DJO Go 4 works fine) and iPad Mini 4th Generation (DJI Go 4 does not connect to aircraft, tried with Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro). Downgrading iPad 4 to iOS 10.3 restored connection to the drone. Overall the issue is rather inconsistent:

iPhone 7 with iOS 11 beta 2 or 3 - DJI Go 4 connects to Spark only, no connection to Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro

iPad Mini 4th Gen with beta 2 or 3 - DJI Go 4 does not connect to Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro but it does connect to Inspire 2

iPad Pro 10.5 with beta 2 or 3 - DJI Go 4 connects to Spark, Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, no problem

All of the above with iOS 10.3 works fine.

Looks like DJI has some work to do.

Iphone 7+ with Phantom 3 Pro (DJI Go) does not connect to Phantom 3 Pro with IOS 11b3.
It was working fine w/ b1 & b2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.