DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS Max Filesize

AE1M

Reactions
Since IOS has a max filesize, I find that somewhere between 13-15 mins at 1080P 30FPS I hit the limit. What settings are folks using? 2.7K would be much worse.

Also, I cannot find a real answer to extracting the flight logs. If I connect the iphone or ipad mini to MAC running Catalina and use Finder, under the DJI app, the FLIGHTLOGS folder will not open up.
Is there some simple way to get these? I used DJI Assistant and it extracted a 1 very large .DAT file which I cannot read.

Are you talking about the file-size on your SD card? There is a max file-size on a formatted SD card, that's around 4GB. You'll find that if you record continuously, the recording will be broken up into separate 4GB files ... I believe this is a limitation of the exFAT file formatting of the SD card.

[Edit: Sorry - not exFAT ... FAT32]

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Actually the 4GB file size is a limit of FAT32. ExFAT can handle bigger files. Someone mentioned that MP4 itself has a file size limitation.
So, either DJI is simply maintaining the lowest common denominator between FAT32 and ExFAT, or adhering to MP4 limits.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Since IOS has a max filesize, I find that somewhere between 13-15 mins at 1080P 30FPS I hit the limit. What settings are folks using? 2.7K would be much worse.

Also, I cannot find a real answer to extracting the flight logs. If I connect the iphone or ipad mini to MAC running Catalina and use Finder, under the DJI app, the FLIGHTLOGS folder will not open up.
Is there some simple way to get these? I used DJI Assistant and it extracted a 1 very large .DAT file which I cannot read.

That has nothing to do with the mobile device operating system since the file is recorded on the aircraft SD card - it's a file size limitation on the card.

Are you talking about the file-size on your SD card? There is a max file-size on a formatted SD card, that's around 4GB. You'll find that if you record continuously, the recording will be broken up into separate 4GB files ... I believe this is a limitation of the exFAT file formatting of the SD card.

OK thanks, I knew that. I googled max size of IOS file and the return seemed to indicate 4GB. I have a video that was 4G and then a second of a few hundred MB. Any way to contenate them to one video somehow?

OK thanks, I knew that. I googled max size of IOS file and the return seemed to indicate 4GB. I have a video that was 4G and then a second of a few hundred MB. Any way to contenate them to one video somehow?
The AC is not running iOS. The SD installed on the AC has to be formatted FAT32 which has the 4GB file size limit or if card is bigger than 32GB, ExFAT. ExFAT doesn't have the 4GB file size limitation, but DJI keeps it probably for simplicity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan