DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS update bugging me, everyday.

silverdragon

Reactions
Alright, let me start from the beginning... I have an Apple IOS phone that I strictly use for drone flying (no sims card installed) Everytime I boot up the phone I get the message to upgrade to IOS 13.2. I never upgrade right away until I get an vote of confidence that it won't bite me in the bum if I do.... Now the question: am I going to regret upgrading. Is there something going on that I will kick myself in the rump for doing so...or am i just being paranoid? Well, 3 questions.....oh yeah..forgot to mention, I have ios ver. 12.1.1 installed as of now...

Reactions: Slade
I upgraded to 13.2 a while ago and no issues seen yet. Battery life seems to be somewhat better on my Apple devices since the update.
Sounds positive....thanks

Ok I will update to ver.13.2 if the majority is positive and I know you guys know your stuff here so I feel confident with your replies...

Alright, let me start from the beginning... I have an Apple IOS phone that I strictly use for drone flying (no sims card installed) Everytime I boot up the phone I get the message to upgrade to IOS 13.2. I never upgrade right away until I get an vote of confidence that it won't bite me in the bum if I do.... Now the question: am I going to regret upgrading. Is there something going on that I will kick myself in the rump for doing so...or am i just being paranoid? Well, 3 questions.....oh yeah..forgot to mention, I have ios ver. 12.1.1 installed as of now...
I always upgrade the day it comes out and I’ve never had a problem. I’ve had every iPhone since the 4.

Update: I ended up upgrading my iPhone 6s+ and my iPad mini 4 (2018) to the latest 13.2

They both function ok and seems smoother and the iPhone seems a bit faster on opening apps. I also like the camera settings and format....

Reactions: Thomas B and JS1600
I always upgrade the day it comes out and I’ve never had a problem. I’ve had every iPhone since the 4.
I've got a X xs Max- no problems encountered with update on either phone or iPad.

No issues here.

Ok, Update#2
I really like iOS 13.2. They really put some nice features in there. I dedicate this IPhone 6s+ just for drone flying. I have tested Pix4D Capture. Works great, DJI Go4 app works great with the Mavic 2 Zoom and all I have to test now is the Autel EVO and the Mavic Air, Spark and almost forgot about the Mavic Pro Platinum

China built drone that China can download data from and a China built iPhone that DHS can monitor calls and location from and you’re concerned about an iOS upgrade. What’s there to be concerned about? ? I know it’s off subject but still hilarious to think about.

I avoid iOS upgrades. Just don't like change. When I (inadvertently) upgraded my iPhone 6s to iOS 13.x, the battery life got noticeably worse. I think it was a result of Apple NOT slowing the phone down.
You can stop the nagging for a week or so if you delete the iOS download. Go to Settings, General, iPhone Storage, and find the iOS update from the list of applications (it will be near the top). About every week, when connected to WiFi, Apple will automatically download the latest iOS onto your phone again and the nagging starts all over. The only way to stop that is keep the phone off the WiFi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21