DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 Arrived. Where's the HDMI output?

Everyone always replies a shield is around $200. I have never seen one for under $300. Some on eBay go a little cheaper but usually have things wrong with them if you read the descriptions.
Regardless I want what I want. And I didn't get what I wanted.
So I am placing some bids on a new Shield right now.
Thank you all for the very fast accurate information.
I should of come here first and will next time.

Everyone always replies a shield is around $200.
That was the price when they were sold new in retail stores. Guess now they're discontinued and in pretty high demand since they're basically the only decent <10" android tablet with HDMI out people are taking the opportunity to demand a premium.

There is an HDMI cable adapter sold by Apple that allows you to output HD from any current iOS device.

Come on you guys, one of you had to know about this

Reactions: deltalimatango
I would rather fly with just the IPM4....and no goggles. Agreed the display is amazing on the mini when flying.
I have both android and iOS devices.....and when it comes to the mavic the iPad mini is the winner in my book (by a long shot).

I want to use the iPad mini 4 also, I just don't have one of the accessories to mount it high and above the controller yet. I guess the Thor is the one to get!

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
There is an HDMI cable adapter sold by Apple that allows you to output HD from any current iOS device.

Come on you guys, one of you had to know about this
That's exactly what's discussed above and does not work with DJI systems that require USB connection to the controller.

Read the posts above (and Apple docs...), the port is only for supplying power to the iOS device, it does not communicate. It's not even the correct direction. People have tried even then. It unsurprisingly does not work.

Not VGA, that's another adapter.

And again once it is connected to your iDevice you can't connect your remote anymore since the lightning port on the adapter does not support data communication.

Last edited:
im still wondering where you did all your intitial research and came across dozens of post leading you down the wrong path

I to would like to get a shield but they are very hard to come by in Australia.I went to a few places when in the States earlier in the year but could find one. ( i didnt have a lot of time to search around.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne