DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 Arrived. Where's the HDMI output?

FlyingAround

Reactions
After weeks of reading forums I bought the Apple iPad Mini 4 because of the numerous reviews on it's HDMI output for FPV googles.

Unless I am blind there is no HDMI output!

There is a single charging port.

I assume this is what I will use to connect to Mavic controller.

So how do I connect to my controller and use HDMI output to my googles?

I know I am missing some valuable info. There are dozens of reviews and posts on people doing this.

Any advice is much appreciated as my googles arrive in 2 days.

Thanks!!

Reactions: Mashuugana
The iPad Mini 4 does not have an HDMI output. There is no way to connect FPV Goggles to it via a cable. The Nvidia Shield K1 is commonly used for this purpose since it has an HDMI output.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Please don't tell me that after weeks of research I just spent a ton of $$$ on the wrong stuff.
That can not be! OMG I must of watched dozens of videos and read a ton of posts....
Did I get mixed up between the Shield and iPad?
Well now I am getting a little upset at myself...

No, likely you misunderstood people using the iPad instead of a phone on the Mavic controller.
Some phones have HDMI output, Samsungs for example. Most folks use those generic $20 "goggles" that you clip your phone into - glorified Google Cardboard.

That said - I believe the iPad can accomodate a displayport/hdmi adapter from the charging port.

Likely this is what you need.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
That said - how would you get teh signal from your controller in when you're using it as an "out"?

Reactions: drrjv
This is my first APPLE device ever lol! Diehard Andriod but this is supposed to be superior on Mavic...
Now I gotta learn how to use this thing and get Litchi and DJI installed

Hmmmmmm
Can this device / apple iPad mini 4 OUTPUT HDMI and AT THE SAME TIME input USB

DanielleIt is compatible with the iPad mini 4! Give me just a moment to gather some more information for you, Scott!

DanielleAlright, Scott! Thanks for being so patient!

DanielleIt does look like this adapter is able too have both connections at the same time!

The adapter DOES NOT have a Lightning port that is actually able of communication, it's only for power supply/charging.

You cannot have a direct HDMI output while using the Mavic with any Apple device.
You can hack an airplay receiver to share your phone's screen wirelessly but will have more bulk and lag than one would want.

Ok sounds like the apple is gonna get returned then
Bummer
Wonder if the Shield is as good as speed and display quality. Better be for the darn price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya