DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 having ISSUES with DJI FLY APP “MOBILE DEVICE CPU FULLY LOADED”

Another thing to do is turn off the Mini video recording to the Ipad (your videos will still be saved to SD card). This along with closing all apps other than DJI Fly has solved the issues for me.

I recently started flying my MM with an iPad Mini 2 that I bought just to fly. I got this same warning once in a while (thankfully it never affected any flights). I discovered that this is a common issue with the iPad Mini's 2 - 4. Not sure about the 5.

As I only use the iPad to fly, I have minimum apps installed on it. Also, on the advice from the person who sold me the iPad (who also flys the MM), I went to each App Setting and turned on or off the "Only While Using" setting, or something like that. Basically turning off apps, and not allowing them to run in the background.

So far this seems to have solved the problems.

Of course with the Air 2 on order, I'm not sure how my iPad will cope.
I have the iPad mini 5 and have never had that message.

I've an iPad mini 3 here, did one flight and got that "CPU fully loaded" plus a "Strong Wind" warning. Somehow, battery dropped from 20 to 9%. I was a bit scared but I managed to bring it back home safely.
I think a mini 2-3-4 will work ok for easy flights but gets laggy and I can't edit any videos.

its nothing to do with storage as such it means that the processor is unable to run the app ,if you only use your ipad for flying your drone then you need to delete all apps that you dont need for flying, and shut down background apps like data, the dji apps are very power hungry when in use and the CPU is unable to process the info fast enough
Correct OMM on several of your points. My Mini 4 (2016) showed that message everytime since one of the latest DJI Fly updates. I got so frustrated with the Mini 4 I started to use my Iphone 6s then that started the same error message. I was almost ready to pull the plug. On that mini....
I deleted a bunch of photos, apps and anything I can live without. Now the test results, not one error in a two battery flight flying the MA2....

Reactions: old man mavic
Regarding "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded .....", I made all the settings listed above, but I couldn't get rid of the message. But, after reading several posts, videos, I think I managed to solve the problem. I disabled mobile data, wifi, bluetouth and miracle, the message disappeared as well as blocking the ipad. I have a Apple iPad mini 4, Cellular, 128GB. I think the Ipad 4 mini is outdated .... it can't handle the hardware anymore.

Correct OMM on several of your points. My Mini 4 (2016) showed that message everytime since one of the latest DJI Fly updates. I got so frustrated with the Mini 4 I started to use my Iphone 6s then that started the same error message. I was almost ready to pull the plug. On that mini....
I deleted a bunch of photos, apps and anything I can live without. Now the test results, not one error in a two battery flight flying the MA2....
Update I get the error message. The settings I changed did not stop the error.

@silverdragon i can sympathise with you my friend i had the 2016 I Pad 9.7 inch screen and it has done me well for the last few years ,but just recently i have started to get the CPU overload message when i fly my MM using the fly app ,but it is fine with the GO4 app i use for my MPP
i put up with it for a while ,then decided it was time to move up to a later IPad with a faster processor ,and to this end i purchased a 2020 10.2 inch IPad at a very good price ,and sold the old one to a fellow flyer ,who only uses the GO4 App to fly his drone

@silverdragon i can sympathise with you my friend i had the 2016 I Pad 9.7 inch screen and it has done me well for the last few years ,but just recently i have started to get the CPU overload message when i fly my MM using the fly app ,but it is fine with the GO4 app i use for my MPP
i put up with it for a while ,then decided it was time to move up to a later IPad with a faster processor ,and to this end i purchased a 2020 10.2 inch IPad at a very good price ,and sold the old one to a fellow flyer ,who only uses the GO4 App to fly his drone
Good for you. I had the same thought but, “always that but” I would like to know how the Mini 5 fairs in the temperature range of 80 - 90 degrees. So if anyone has experience flying with the mini 5 in that temperature range. Does it fair well?

Be vary wary about updating to the latest version of the app (1.4.3) if you have an iPad Mini 4. It has pushed it over the edge of usability for me — the day before I head to Svalbard for a shoot!

By turning off absolutely everything optional in the settings including Airsense and colour display assist, and switching Transmission to Smooth, plus all the suggestions already made regarding the tablet itself, it's almost usable again so long as I don't do any precision flying. Not impressed.

DJI seem intent on authoring a bloated resource-intensive app (which still lacks crucial image controls).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore