DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini Magnet

NJRUFan

Reactions
I just ran across this video about the Ipad Mini's keyboard magnet interfering with the controller when it is place in the grips a certain way. I'm not home right now to try it to verify, but thought if it's true it may save someone a headache down the road. Sorry about the Facebook link, but I searched on Youtube and Vimeo and I couldn't locate it.

Interesting. I did notice the magnetic cover on mine was affecting mine so I removed it. Makes sense the internal one would affect it too.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Good video! I've been using my iPad mini with the home button on the right because I'm right handed

I'd forgotten about the iPads having that strong magnet for the Apple cover, duly noted!

Reactions: Inspirephil
Good video! I've been using my iPad mini with the home button on the right because I'm right handed

I'd forgotten about the iPads having that strong magnet for the Apple cover, duly noted!
Same here, right handed, so I have always flown with the button to the right.

Just checked my month-old iPad Mini 4.
It seems there magnets all along the top horizontal edge when the power button is on the left side
and only a few magnets in the center top horizontal edge when the power button is on the right side

Same here, I have the tablet with the home button on the right, just because I am right handed too... thanks for the information

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

just found this post. Since I a left handed, I have had my home button the left and have not had any problems with my iPad mini 4. I can't get any sound out of the video above, so did not get the narrative. Can anyone elaborate for me, the problems caused with the home button on the left. I will have to experiment with it tomorrow.

I wonder if this why i always get interferance, I use the Thor Tablet holder. It it places the tablet right above the controller. I also have the Mavmount and it places right over also. I guess I will try to rotate the tablet and see what happens.

just found this post. Since I a left handed, I have had my home button the left and have not had any problems with my iPad mini 4. I can't get any sound out of the video above, so did not get the narrative. Can anyone elaborate for me, the problems caused with the home button on the left. I will have to experiment with it tomorrow.
It puts the ipads internal magnets closer to the controller and causes magnetic interference according to the video.

Good info ! Thks ! Btw always on the right side for me as I'm right handed ! But good to know !

EDIT : can't read the video, don't have facebook.

This is when you put the iPad below the RC or above ???

Last edited:
I just ran across this video about the Ipad Mini's keyboard magnet interfering with the controller when it is place in the grips a certain way. I'm not home right now to try it to verify, but thought if it's true it may save someone a headache down the road. Sorry about the Facebook link, but I searched on Youtube and Vimeo and I couldn't locate it.

THANKS FOR THIS!!!! I had this very same issue! Now its fixed! Thank you!

I have always had my iPads with the home button on the right side (unknowingly) whenever I flew as the other people have said because I’m right handed and it just felt much more comfortable that way. Good to know that information though and thanks for pointing out the magnet situation.
:)

Wow I plan on picking up a iPad mini 4 this week! Good info!
You’re going to be glad you did pick up the iPad mini 4 as it will change your flying dramatically. Being able to see the screen in a larger format is so much better than using a phone!! I always fly with an iPad no matter which drone I am flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000