DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini, which one are you using?

WooleyMVP

Reactions
Just wanted to see which one everyone is using or if there are any other recommendations for a better tablet to use with a MP?

I'm using the iPad Mini 4. That's the last iPad Mini model Apple made, so it's the best one to have if it fits your budget.

Reactions: WooleyMVP
Just wanted to see which one everyone is using or if there are any other recommendations for a better tablet to use with a MP?
I have been using a mini 2 - I do have to periodically reclaim memory and it has overheated once or twice after multiple flights on very hot summer day (over 400 flights in last two years with no issues)
When it failed I just flew home manually as I almost always do anyhow, only using RTH in testing and save for emergency. You can never practice manual flying too much so I like to fly home.

I also like to always have a backup option, which is my Samsung phone. I often also have an old iphone 5s which works fine except for the tiny screen my old eyes struggle with. Note iphone 5c Does NOt work.. all that said I wish I had a Crystal Brite screen as sunny days are tough on all typical devices.

And another point: I also have two controllers and it is very nice having a backup of this too. Gives me great confidence and allows focus on imagery allowing a 2nd person to fly the drone when helpful (Again I don't do this very often but it gives me greater confidence having redundacy wherever possible which is typical in aviation almost since it's inception

Last edited:
Mini 2 wifi 32GB, iOS 10.2.1,DJI Go4 v4.2.6. It works great.

I've had the DJI app on my ipad for a couple of years. I try not to update anything, probably explains why it still runs.

I use the ipad mini 2 and my maps work fine but when hooked to dj 4 go my map will show home but there are not details...no streets and satellite view wont open. It still returns to home point but i am really scared returning to a home point on a blank map. Anyone heard of this problem before?

I use the ipad mini 2 and my maps work fine but when hooked to dj 4 go my map will show home but there are not details...no streets and satellite view wont open. It still returns to home point but i am really scared returning to a home point on a blank map. Anyone heard of this problem before?

never mind, i think i answered my question. I am new to apple and i think i did not keep the locator on. I do not have cellular so i guess the wifi on the receiver can update maps without any other location. It must because when i used android i always flew with my phone in air plane mode without problems

Mini4 WiFi + Cellular

Works perfect for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_