DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini5?

IS3

Reactions
Ok, just to be clear, I need to buy a tablet and have already wasted $$ on an Android TabA that is not compatible with the DJI Fly app...
I am flying a Mavic Mini that works fine with my Android phone but the screen is too small.

Not a dan of Apple... but -The Mini5 seems to be the consensus tablet and it will work with the app.... Right? Should I pull the trigger on yet another $300+? ????

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 254drone
I fly the Mavic Mini as well as the Mavic Air 2. I also am not a 'fan' of Apple, and I also experimented with a number of different phones/tablets.

I initially got the iPad Mini 2 to use with my MM, but when I got the MA2, I upgraded to the iPad Mini 5. I can assure you, I am very pleased with it, and am not limited to 'turning off cache' or 'no screen recording' or any other things that people have to do to get their device to function properly! No issues to report, except the tablet does not like to be in extreme heat for very long. It will overheat and shut down. This has happened to me only once, but I understand it is common with Apple devices. I have learned to stand in the shade when it is extremely hot outside, and seem to have overcome that problem.

This device choice - the debate of Apple over Android, is pretty heated on these (and other) forums, and what I state here is only MY experience and MY opinion.

Hopefully you can return or sell any devices you bought that are no longer needed.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Ok, just to be clear, I need to buy a tablet and have already wasted $$ on an Android TabA that is not compatible with the DJI Fly app...
I am flying a Mavic Mini that works fine with my Android phone but the screen is too small.

Not a dan of Apple... but -The Mini5 seems to be the consensus tablet and it will work with the app.... Right? Should I pull the trigger on yet another $300+? [emoji849][emoji4][emoji57][emoji16]

Thanks in advance!

I was in the same predicament as you. Picked up a refurbished mini 5. And problem solved.

I fly the Mavic Mini as well as the Mavic Air 2. I also am not a 'fan' of Apple, and I also experimented with a number of different phones/tablets.

I initially got the iPad Mini 2 to use with my MM, but when I got the MA2, I upgraded to the iPad Mini 5. I can assure you, I am very pleased with it, and am not limited to 'turning off cache' or 'no screen recording' or any other things that people have to do to get their device to function properly! No issues to report, except the tablet does not like to be in extreme heat for very long. It will overheat and shut down. This has happened to me only once, but I understand it is common with Apple devices. I have learned to stand in the shade when it is extremely hot outside, and seem to have overcome that problem.

This device choice - the debate of Apple over Android, is pretty heated on these (and other) forums, and what I state here is only MY experience and MY opinion.

Hopefully you can return or sell any devices you bought that are no longer needed.

Stay safe!
Thank you

Likewise, being a Samsung fan I did the tablet chase, got frustrated and pulled the trigger on a new iPad Mini 5 and have to admit it works flawlessly!

Have been a happy ipad mini 4 user for several years. Recently acquired Mavic Air 2 and just purchased a mini 5 - processor speed and capacity were the main reasons. I also anticipate that the new processor will be able to keep apace with iOS's upgrades longer.

Reactions: sharkface

Not a dan of Apple... but -The Mini5 seems to be the consensus tablet and it will work with the app.... Right? Should I pull the trigger on yet another $300+? ????

Thanks in advance!

I am hoping to find out more. I have been using the most worthless tab for now. it starts off ok. then it gets all glitchy the farther it goes. my note 5 phone is just about flawless. I know it is made for apple . lot's of people say great things about the mini4 . being seamless? do you think the mini5 is worth the 150.00 more? thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78