DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Connection Problem

RMBin303

Reactions
Problem? - I am having trouble consistently getting my phone to show the live video/view feed. Sometimes it happens when I first start up the drone. Sometimes it loses connection during flight (happened this weekend when the Mavic was around 1400' away.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Not much

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iphone8 plus

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? dji Go4

What Go app version are you using? current

Any modification?
(if so what) none

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) no

At first I thought maybe there was a certain protocol to follow when you start up, but that would not explain why I would lose the video when flying the Mavic. Any suggestions on what this might be?

Are you just losing the video feed or is DJI Go disconnecting entirely from the remote?

Make sure you have a good iPhone cord. Ditch the crap short side mount cord and use the bottom full size usb. Also, take a toothpick and make sure you don’t have pocket lint jammed in the iPhone connector. I have had it build up in the connector on my phone and cause intermittent connections at the phone.

Reactions: RMBin303
Are you just losing the video feed or is DJI Go disconnecting entirely from the remote?
Both at times. When I start up, I often can't get the video to show on the phone screen, but last time I flew, I lost the video as well as use of any control on the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN