DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone IOS 11.1

I Follow some simple rules. If you want trouble free flying.

Don’t update to beta software ever.

Don’t update to a new version of iOS until DJI says there app works on it

Don’t rush to update until you read other users report success.

Do this and you’ll have nothing to worry about [emoji106]

I Follow some simple rules. If you want trouble free flying.

Don’t update to beta software ever.

Don’t update to a new version of iOS until DJI says there app works on it

Don’t rush to update until you read other users report success.

Do this and you’ll have nothing to worry about [emoji106]

All good for me on iOS 11.1 and .15 Go4 on an iPhone 7 , just flew 6kms return, smooth as silk on all functions, hover is so stable in the latest firmware's, Go4 all good, no issues at all.

Understood. The more frustrating part; however, is that the DJI Go 4 app shows that their application is compatible with any version of IOS 9.0 of later and they’ve had months to test and come out with updates in advance of the version changes. Plus, as usual DJI support does nothing to communicate with their customers. Basically we are told tough, roll back your IOS or wait.

Reactions: Genzeka
I got brave and decided to wipe my iPhone. I first refreshed it with 11.1 and the application I installed was the most recent DJI Go 4 app and it failed just like when I started this chain.

I then ran a process to wipe the IOS and rolled back to 11.0.3 and again only installed the DJI application and all is normal again. I guess that’s the best I’ll get for now, until DJI finally gets off there duffs and fixes this once and for all. Still odd; however, that other users are saying they’re OK on 11.1 Just lucky I guess

Reactions: MAVA4
Understood. The more frustrating part; however, is that the DJI Go 4 app shows that their application is compatible with any version of IOS 9.0 of later and they’ve had months to test and come out with updates in advance of the version changes. Plus, as usual DJI support does nothing to communicate with their customers. Basically we are told tough, roll back your IOS or wait.

The last beta was only issues the week before 11.1 was released. Most app developers will issue updates the week after release.

I agree It’s slack language on DJI’s part to specify only a minimum version. They should specifically mention each version it’s been tested on

As for DJI support I’ve had better support from a chocolate walking stick

Reactions: MAVA4
I did the iOS update to 11.1 last night...and also updated DJI Go 4 to 4.1.15. I flew this morning...but not without a few complications. Main one being compass. My iphone 7+ compass was WAY off...even without controller connected. Iphone compass was off by 90 to 180 degrees. It varied. And yes...I rebooted/restarted iphone several times. I just connected/disconnected from controller several times and it eventually worked...but was still off by 20-45 degrees.

At one point, it was not connected. Go 4 app showed "disconnected". All I did was disconnect cable from iphone, then reconnected...and it connected to app.

Flying the mavic was fine...even with the compass being slightly off. I'll have to mess around with it more to figure out the kinks with these latest updates.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Ok, just got done flying with my iPhone 6, iOS 11.1, GO4 4.1.15, current FW and Fly Safe database, temperature about 36 degrees. foggy, took some nice photos and a video. no problems. Didn't even have to calibrate the compass before I flew, which was unusual because usually I do. Bottom line, I am very please that all is working fine, cause I was a little worried, based on some of the posts on the forum site.

I updated my iPhone to version 11.1, this afternoon, and now DJI Go won’t work. The program brings up the splash screen then simply displays what’s in the cameras field of vision in full screen but there is none of the normal application icons or components we are accustomed to seeing.
Exactly same problem here. Aircraft connects to RC but not to DJI Go. iOS 11.1 as well. Waiting for new iOS upgrade, until then flying with Litchi.

Last edited:
Reactions: madeinhungary
Two questions.
1. How can I tell which version of the Go 4 app I'm running?
2. If I update my iPhone 7 to the 11.1 IOS and update to the latest Go 4 app, will I lose all my mavic settings I currently use?

Two questions.
1. How can I tell which version of the Go 4 app I'm running?
2. If I update my iPhone 7 to the 11.1 IOS and update to the latest Go 4 app, will I lose all my mavic settings I currently use?

In the app, tap on the ‘me’ icon at the bottom right- then tap on the settings icon in the upper right corner- the version is displayed at the bottom.
Mavic settings won’t be affected.

NinjaNut, thanks for the help! You're right, I found the version and I'm already on the .15 version of the app and my settings appear to be there as far as I can tell without connecting the mavic. Now I can probably update my IOS when I want. I keep getting prompted to do so.

Reactions: NinjaNut
In the app, tap on the ‘me’ icon at the bottom right- then tap on the settings icon in the upper right corner- the version is displayed at the bottom.
Mavic settings won’t be affected.
I didn't know that, thanks.

You also can enter device screen, press the ... in upper right hand corner, scroll down to bottom general settings, press on about, gives you the app, FW, safe database versions.

Reactions: NinjaNut
I did the iOS update to 11.1 last night...and also updated DJI Go 4 to 4.1.15. I flew this morning...but not without a few complications. Main one being compass. My iphone 7+ compass was WAY off...even without controller connected. Iphone compass was off by 90 to 180 degrees. It varied. And yes...I rebooted/restarted iphone several times. I just connected/disconnected from controller several times and it eventually worked...but was still off by 20-45 degrees.

At one point, it was not connected. Go 4 app showed "disconnected". All I did was disconnect cable from iphone, then reconnected...and it connected to app.

Flying the mavic was fine...even with the compass being slightly off. I'll have to mess around with it more to figure out the kinks with these latest updates.
My compass has never worked right since Go 4 V 4.1.10 update, it's now on 4.1.12 and no better I doubt if the latest update is going to help anything? My iPhone is on 11.0.3 and working well I don't see the need to change (unless it would fix the compass issues)! LOL!

Last edited:
I have the same problem but I don’t have any video feed from the Mavic. The Mavic connects to the RC but NOT the phone. Any ideas?
I had the exact same problem yesterday. Today is working fine. Now that you said this I know it is software related.
Lets wait for the update.
Cheers.

Reactions: Genzeka

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007