DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone IOS 11.1

I just flew 2 full batteries w/ IOS 11.1 iPad Mini 4 and find it very stable (FW 400/App 4.12).

I intended to see if I experienced the same problem with iOS 11.1. As it turns out I only have iOS 11.0.3 installed. Flying and recording video worked fine. So until DJI or Apple fixes problem, I will stay here.
I checked the App Store and I DJI Go 4 version 4.1.16. I am waiting to see if anyone has found that this version of Go 4 works with iOS 11.1. It sounds like that is not the case now.

I have another issue though. As you know, iOS 11 came with a screen recorder. I have used this successfully in the past and found that it works great, except that the mic turns off once you are in the DJI Go 4 app. Is that what others have found? That seemed to be the case today as well with iOS 11.0.3 and the latest Go 4 app.
Don't do it!:rolleyes:

Forgive my iPhone ignorance, I have a iPhone 6, if I do as you suggest will I loose anything I have put on my phone ?

No, it’s just the hard reset and memory defrag process, nothing will be lost.

I did my 4th. un-reinstall of DJI GO 4 on my iPhone 7+ and to my amazement it worked!:) For about 2 minutes:(! If DJI keeps playing around, and kicking the bucket down the road,their customer base will be leaving, and fast! In the app reviews there are a lot of angry customers, and that leads to lower sales.The mistake DJI has made is, they designed a great drone (MP) but passed the software over to idiots! They have successfully designed a Corvette,and then, through constant tinkering, turned it into Edsel!

Reactions: bOogErSuGar75
Ron, so sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your 7+. What happen after 2 minutes of working. Walk me thru it.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Ron, so sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your 7+. What happen after 2 minutes of working. Walk me thru it.
The screen just locked up and nothing worked! Before everything was working, and I was excited, thinking "finally" they got it, but NO!:(

When the screen locked up, what did you do then, and does this happen when you are running other apps and is anything else running in the background.

Welcome to the forum don, I have just updated to the 11.1 ios and the latest Go 4 app, but I have not seen the screen recorder you mention I'll have to go and look.
I believe you have to activate the new screen recorder in the settings for the Control Panel first. Then, it is one of the icons there.

Ron, I am wondering if you need to do a backup and then a clean restore of the phone, clean out any lost bits and bites.

It probably has something to do with iOS 11.1 update. My Mini4 Bricked after I had updated to iOS 11.1, which was just before Halloween . When I tried to do a restore, got an error code 4014. Took it into the Apple Store, Nothing they could do about it. Since it was still under warranty, they gave me a new Mini4 yesterday. Flew with it this morning. No Problems, works great.

It’s about time dji fix the IOS 11 and above issues.

Everything works like normal with IOS 11 beta 2 on iPhone 8 Plus and dji 4.1.17 update.

I had trouble with different devices. iPhone, iPad(s) and also Android did not get a connection to the remote, also Litchi did not work with. With an old iPad (iOS10) the connect was possible.

Now, with iOS 11.1, the functionality is back.

I use an app called Dr. cleaner to wipe my phone clean after removing bad apps then re install. That usually fixes any problems. Also gains you quite a bit of space back especially after an iOS update or removing things like old 32bit apps

New iOS and DJI GO 4 updates fixed my issues. All good with test flight running iPhone X with iOS 11.1.1, DJI Go 4 v4.1.17 and MP v.700. I’m glad I didn’t have to update the aircraft so I could stay on .700.

It’s time to go fly folks!

Yep, good to go on IOS11.1.1 and DJI GO4 4.1.17 on the 8+ (4.1.16 was a no go). Interesting that through all this back and forth IOS/DJI game of fix-the-update-crash tag with each other, my Autopilot app hasn't missed a beat..........so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu