DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone IOS 11.1

Just reinstalled the GO4 app
Did you do a complete reboot of your device prior to reinstall the app?
To get rid of some remains of an app, i
a) uninstall app
b) reboot device
c) install app

Did you do a complete reboot of your device prior to reinstall the app?
To get rid of some remains of an app, i
a) uninstall app
b) reboot device
c) install app
I think so? I turned the iPhone off, let it set, then turned it back on again. That's the only way I know to boot it?

That's the only way I know to boot it?
If you were pressing and holding the ON/OFF switch for a few seconds and you saw the slider 'Turn off' slider on the screen and you actually turned OFF the device, then you are good.

Mavic Havic.JPG
If you were pressing and holding the ON/OFF switch for a few seconds and you saw the slider 'Turn off' slider on the screen and you actually turned OFF the device, then you are good.
That's the way I did it! Still no luck, once it acted like it was "connected" then asked for a update,I declined it and the app froze up. Next time I accepted it and it dumped while it was supposed to be updating the app? I finally got the app to come up, but it freezes and won't let you set anything! The multi flight modes won't switch or anything else work?

Last edited:
Stupid question: Are u connected via the short USB cable to the left side of the RC?

display on.JPG display off.JPG
Stupid question: Are u connected via the short USB cable to the left side of the RC?
Yes,and I've tried the using a cable in the bottom USB port,nothing changed? You get a different screen (nonfunctional) every time you power it up!

Last edited:
Phuuu, then i'm running out of ideas ...

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I updated to IOS 11.1 beta and had exactly same issues. But now iOS 1.1 is public release and more pilots are experiencing issues. Now iOS 11.2 public beta is out. I won’t upgrade until it is public release and wait for DJI to fix compatibility issue with iOS 11.1.

I updated to IOS 11.1 beta and had exactly same issues. But now iOS 1.1 is public release and more pilots are experiencing issues. Now iOS 11.2 public beta is out. I won’t upgrade until it is public release and wait for DJI to fix compatibility issue with iOS 11.1.
Yeah,I didn't wanna fly anyway! LOL!:rolleyes: But I still can using the iPad Air 2? I just don't like how big it is, but it's working perfectly! WHY? I don't have a clue? This MP had over 130+ flights logged on it without a single Hic Up! Now this Garbage!:mad: Why can't DJI leave well enough alone? I don't care about "Quick Shots" or any of the other modes. I just wanna fly, have the drone fly where I point it, and take pictures/video's! (I bet if I lay down a bunch more cash for a "Crystal Sky" it will work perfectly)!:rolleyes: The iOS phones/tablets were working good, maybe too good?

Last edited:

Sorry, that’s not rebooting the device, that’s simply switching it off as in sleep.

Depends on your Idevice but if you have a home button, this is the correct reboot process.

Press and keep holding both Home and Power buttons for over 60 seconds till the screen goes black then a white Apple appears.
Keep holding till the white Apple disappears.
Then release both buttons.
Now power on the device.
There will be a long wait while a full memory defrag takes place then you will have to enter your password.

That’s a full proper hard reset of a iPhone, iPad etc.

Reactions: Ron_Dog and Keule
Sorry, that’s not rebooting the device, that’s simply switching it off as in sleep.

Depends on your Idevice but if you have a home button, this is the correct reboot process.

Press and keep holding both Home and Power buttons for over 60 seconds till the screen goes black then a white Apple appears.
Now power on the device.
There will be a long wait while a full memory defrag takes place then you will have to enter your password.

.I tried it, no change?

Last edited:
But if I use the O'l Trusty iPad Air 2,Bingo!:D All systems are GO!iPad Air 2100_0936.JPG
iPad Air 2100_0937.JPGiPad Air 2100_0938.JPGiPad Air 2100_0939.JPG PS. There's no way I'm hitting that update button!

Last edited:

Now power on the device.

Forgive my iPhone ignorance, I have a iPhone 6, if I do as you suggest will I loose anything I have put on my phone ?

Forgive my iPhone ignorance, I have a iPhone 6, if I do as you suggest will I loose anything I have put on my phone ?
No. you are just rebooting it. to loose everything you will need to reset you phone under the "gear/general/reset" tab. do that if you are really have trouble with your phone and nothing else seems to work. it is recommended you do a hard wire iTunes back up to your computer of your phone before reseting so you can reload all you apps and data.

Thanks locoman for that info.

I intended to see if I experienced the same problem with iOS 11.1. As it turns out I only have iOS 11.0.3 installed. Flying and recording video worked fine. So until DJI or Apple fixes problem, I will stay here.
I checked the App Store and I DJI Go 4 version 4.1.16. I am waiting to see if anyone has found that this version of Go 4 works with iOS 11.1. It sounds like that is not the case now.

I have another issue though. As you know, iOS 11 came with a screen recorder. I have used this successfully in the past and found that it works great, except that the mic turns off once you are in the DJI Go 4 app. Is that what others have found? That seemed to be the case today as well with iOS 11.0.3 and the latest Go 4 app.

Welcome to the forum don, I have just updated to the 11.1 ios and the latest Go 4 app, but I have not seen the screen recorder you mention I'll have to go and look.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi