DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro iphone app crashes but Android works

atulbatra1

Reactions
Hi I have been flying my Mavic Pro with my iPhone for long time. But now my app is crashing as soon as I press video record button. I tried formatting memory card, changed memory card and reinstalled app but nothing fixed. Then I tried flying with Android Samsung s8 and I had no issue flying with it. I updated all the firmware but still don’t why DJI app is crashing on iPhone.

Please share your thoughts

Reactions: Bergumbira
Hi I have been flying my Mavic Pro with my iPhone for long time. But now my app is crashing as soon as I press video record button. I tried formatting memory card, changed memory card and reinstalled app but nothing fixed. Then I tried flying with Android Samsung s8 and I had no issue flying with it. I updated all the firmware but still don’t why DJI app is crashing on iPhone.

Hi. Did You do any updates? Which iphone. Which ios. Which go4?

Advise which works for me. Do not update straight away after anything getting released. At leats wait for a bit to see if other users are ok with it. There is a lot of variations in phone models, firmwares etc. I dont update anything. Ipad mini4 ios 10.3. Dji go 4.03. It works for me and I’m holding on to it. I used to update stuff in the past and it has caused me a lot of troubles. Almost left dji behind but then I’ve listened to the same advise and no more issues since.

Ho I am using iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11. Latest version of dji app

I'm running an iPhone 7 with iOS 11 and Go 4.1.12 (latest version). It works fine for me so there is no basic software incompatibility - something else must be going on.

Maybe try reinstalling ios on your phone?

Reactions: lostinspace
I updated almost everything and on today of that I am running iOS beta version which is always one step ahead of public release. I never had any issue flying this earlier. I don’t think this has got anything to do with my Mavic as this flyes with my Samsung without any issue.

Dont you know, acording to everyone on here and all the forums, Go4 dosent crash on iPhone, that Go4 was specifically made for iPhone and it never fails or has issues.

Dont you know, acording to everyone on here and all the forums, Go4 dosent crash on iPhone, that Go4 was specifically made for iPhone and it never fails or has issues.

Been brain washed by apple, apple are infallible, you can't have a problem with apple, you are the problem not the device
:D

I updated almost everything and on today of that I am running iOS beta version which is always one step ahead of public release. I never had any issue flying this earlier. I don’t think this has got anything to do with my Mavic as this flyes with my Samsung without any issue.

It's not going to be the Mavic, but if you are running a beta operating system on the phone then you can never be sure that any particular third party app will work properly - that's just the price you pay for testing pre-release.

I saw a new thread iOS 11. That explains same issues. I was running iOS 11 beta version which is now latest public version. Once people upgraded to iOS 11 some are experiencing same issue.

I am using iOS 11.03, no problems for many tens of flights - I am probably one of the minority of 'if it isnt broke then don't fix it' so I am still on DJI Go V4.06!
Was thinking of updating it several times for new features but this thread has put me off again...

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest