DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone XS Sunshade suggestions?

Randall8686

Reactions
Hi all,

So I have tried flying my M2P with my iPad and iPhone now and I just prefer the iPhone (specifically iPhone XS vs iPad Air 2)

It’s brighter OLED screen just seems nicer and I don’t feel I need the size of the iPad most of the time. However certain situations the sun really does glare off the screen.

Searching amazon I am struggling to find a specific or good generic iPhone XS sun shade. Does anyone here have experience with a good sun shade for the iPhone XS?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

So I have tried flying my M2P with my iPad and iPhone now and I just prefer the iPhone (specifically iPhone XS vs iPad Air 2)

It’s brighter OLED screen just seems nicer and I don’t feel I need the size of the iPad most of the time. However certain situations the sun really does glare off the screen.

Searching amazon I am struggling to find a specific or good generic iPhone XS sun shade. Does anyone here have experience with a good sun shade for the iPhone XS?

Thanks in advance
That"s why I only fly at sunrise and sunset...............

im interested in this too, I made a prototype from some foam core card but it wasn't very effective and all the ones to purchase seem too small.

I just got one like this without the support case. Amazon Link. I purchased the L128 version for a Pixel 3 that's a different brand but nearly identical with the elastic bands. The only thing to note is that any shade attached to the phone or near the edges of the phone are going to affect your ability to easily touch the far edges of the tops and side of the screen. I will say that this minor inconvenience was a fair trade when I flew in full sun yesterday.

I will say that this is temp fix for me as I also use this: Amazon Link. The way I have it holding my phone places a threaded bolt (accepts tripod mounting screws) right above my screen about a 1/2" away and I am working on fabricating a detachable shade that screws to this instead of attaching to the phone itself. That should improve things for me. I am going to 3d print a bracket that will look like three sides of a square that will hold cardstock or plastic panels for the shade and a bracket with a hole to allow a screw to mount it to the phone holder.

cheers mate i might give that one a go. dont get me wrong the XS is bright its just when the sun is directly on the screen its an issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078