DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone NOT having recent activation issues

Received my combo this morning, along with an extra battery. Individually charged all four batteries and made four good flights after everything updated. No problems at all...so far.

Received my combo this morning, along with an extra battery. Individually charged all four batteries and made four good flights after everything updated. No problems at all...so far.
Glad to hear it! I should be receiving mine later today - noonish - and I'm hoping all goes well.

Reactions: LoganAir
Glad to hear it! I should be receiving mine later today - noonish - and I'm hoping all goes well.

You should be fine. Just remember to charge the batteries individually without using the charging hub first. Hope all goes well for you.

As this is my first drone one thing of note is the battery charging on the hub. they dont all charge together bit sequentially. i feel this is a bit odd... is this the norm?

As this is my first drone one thing of note is the battery charging on the hub. they dont all charge together bit sequentially. i feel this is a bit odd... is this the norm?
There are third party chargers that some folks use that allow for all of the batteries plus the remote to be charged at the same time, and this, of course, saves a lot of time. I have never used one however. I generally fly late afternoon prior to sunset, so I just charge everything up in the morning, or overnight if I plan to fly in the morning or midday.

If this is something you are interested in, you could create a new thread here on the Mavic Air 2 general forum asking about third party chargers. I don't think that has been discussed in great detail yet regarding the MA2.

I received everything shortly after 10AM this morning, and I am pleased to report that all of the setup steps went very smoothly - and thankfully, no activation issues, so that's off my mind...

The wind is very strong here today, but I won't have time to fly until tomorrow anyway, and with the day off, I should be able to test all of that with my four batteries.

I received everything shortly after 10AM this morning, and I am pleased to report that all of the setup steps went very smoothly - and thankfully, no activation issues, so that's off my mind...

The wind is very strong here today, but I won't have time to fly until tomorrow anyway, and with the day off, I should be able to test all of that with my four batteries.

Guess I'm unlucky! Received mine on Saturday (the 16th). Activation didn't work (activation prohibited, error 1112). Now I start the process of returning to DJI. I wonder if I had waited a few days if it would have activated without any issues.

Ugh.

Ok so I did say I'd update so I brought my mavic air two online due to covid 19 lockdown. From curry's/pc world....when I got it it would not activate after endless calls to dji and pc world....finally told that a batch of mavic air two's were sent out during lockdown without taking the serial numbers so they never got uploaded to their servers .and obviously when I tried to activate it it thrown up error code 1112 basically lost in transport stolen code .....dji said return to your seller for exchange...I've tried to get through to pc world customer services and its been near impossible...its taken 23 calls and logged 6 hours of call time they after some niggling agreed to collect asked if I wanted replacement I refused.
I've now brought elsewhere and no problems my first flight will be later today.....sorry for the long post hope it helps someone...pc world still haven't collected faulty one yet ...

FWIW I purchased through Drone Nerds and they've been very helpful with the return / RMA process. I'm sending mine back to them right now and they'll be sending a replacement. Bummer that this happened but that's how things are sometimes. Of course the weather in Michigan is fantastic right now.....

4 of us decided to purchase ma2
All of us received them in the last few days
All of them have 1112 error

Got my MA2 FMC that I ordered from Walmart on 5/15 yesterday (5/20) (was supposed to get it 5/19 but Fedex delayed). Activated it, bought the DJI Care, and gave it a few flights yesterday. No issues at all so far! Love this thing!

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
All from different places
Got mine from very
1 direct from dji
1 curry's I think
1 either amazon or ebay
Not sure

So not necessarily even from the same build batch. This is very strange! Got mine from Amazon last weekend and had no problems.

There is a fairly lengthy and ongoing thread on DJI's forum related to users being unable to activate/use newly purchased Mavic Air 2's, and since mine is supposed to arrive early next week, I am a bit curious if there are those here who have received their systems within the last day or so and had no issues with this. One of the possible reasons discussed was that DJI failed to properly upload a whole batch of recent serial numbers into its servers, so they are not recognized. This may be nothing, or it may be something - as DJI is telling those folks to send their systems back - and at this point, I am just curious.

Need a poll.

Not a lick of problems here.

Got mine from Apple and activated 5/19 and have not had any issues. Charged each battery individually

Reactions: Brockrock
Got mine from Best Buy 5/20 and it’s a dud. Can’t activate. DJI chat session took 2 HOURS and they finally told me to reload the firmware through DJI Assistant. Still no go.
Replacement arriving from Best Buy on Tuesday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229