DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everybody happy with their SC?

Holding off. Love the convenience, but it needs a model with a 7.85” screen IMHO.
dunno how convenient will that be for traveling. current screen is very sharp and bright, i cannot say i have any issues at all to see what is on it.
if i want big image i put my fatsharks on - that is way better than any screen. need to get a better hdmi goggles now with a true 1080p feed and more FOV - but, it is not a priority.

dunno how convenient will that be for traveling. current screen is very sharp and bright, i cannot say i have any issues at all to see what is on it.
if i want big image i put my fatsharks on ....
Differences in people I guess. I’m in trifocals now. If they never make a 7.85” SC I’ll just continue happily with my CS.

I like most things about the Smart Controller except the fact it isn't Google certified hardware with Playstore, Google Services, etc. pre-installed. If you only want to use the factory GO app then it is great! But I want to use some 3rd party apps like Drone Harmony but it doesn't work because of this. Litchi does work but you have to workaround this by installing Amazon Store app and purchasing/installing the app this way. Essentially, DJI should have partnered with at least one 3rd party developer and made sure they had everything working properly before releasing the hardware. They didn't even have the SDK ready until later.

Can you post a pic of how you have your Lowepro 180 AW II laid out?

Sure mate, will do today.
I had a Lowepro 170 AW II before which was even a better fit in total, but it was too narrow with the SC and the control sticks on. It's more comfortable to put the SC into the bag without the need to remove them everytime even for a short break.

I mean, it slid into the bag but the sticks were heavily moved to the sides.
For a longer transport I however still remove them. It just feels better when changing batteries, location etc. to put it into the bag without much hassle. ;) And with 4 batteries, there's still some space for a little more extras just in case.

Can you post a pic of how you have your Lowepro 180 AW II laid out?
As requested, here are 3 shots with the Lowepro 180AW II with the Mavic 2 Pro, the Smart Controller 4 batteries (one battery in the quad, 3 stored) and ND-filters in the rear side pocket with the orange line (not visible):

Here with sticks on the Smart Controller, if I want to just get free hands for a short time (both are centred):

Last one to see, that the bird also fits snugly in vertical position. It's a good fit and still plenty of room for some accessories or other things I might want to take with me:

However, as I try to be as lightweight as possible, I mostly only carry another bottle of water (0,3 - 0,5 l) in one of the sidepockets and some personal belongings (phone, keys, some money, tissues) with me. The Lowepro 170 AW II did also match but I felt it was to tight with the SC if I ever wanted to get another thing in and the sticks were turned to the sides.

Reactions: Paul2660
I think that I'd return it/them until you get one that works correctly. Or you try try some experiments - how does it act if you bring up the browser or file manager? Do those apps respond to touch correctly? There's also a good thread on installing the Google Play store and component modules. If you did install that, you could download a number of other Android apps and also see how those respond to touch. But mine seems to work fine with the Go app, so I don't think it is related to the app.

Good luck.

I installed Google Play and some of the services. The SC actually acts very weird now. DJI Go4 works wonders still but the actual Android interface outside of this lags a lot. If I insert a SD card I keep getting the “set Default card restart SC” pop up over and over no matter how many times I press no.

No SD card? Works a little better, but not great like before.

TBH, I don’t have many apps installed and I’m wondering about erasing the SC and starting over. We’ll see I guess.

Appreciate the suggestions @Lon Denard
I currently fly my M2P with the CS on a PolarPro mount. So screen size is OK now. Not worried about the case as it would fit in my GoPro case where I carry my CS now. I don’t have a protector case and use the Flymore case to carry extra equipment. Just looking for the convenience of a single module, but want the 7.85 screen. So I’ll wait and see what happens. It does occur to me that the extra size might allow the electronics for extra features too.

Good point. I have the 7.85 and 5.5 Crystalsky monitors as well and am happy with the DJI mount for just how quick it is to assemble and fly. I tried both Polar Pro solutions, and they are good but, if you can't tell, speed is my main hot button and the Smart Controller is best by far.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Took my SC with me on a trip to upstate NY. I find myself in the air a bunch more now. Saw a train coming through town. Pulled over and was in the air in seconds. I love the SC. I'm going to run with this setup a long time.

Sold my MP2 PRO - bought the MP 2 PRO with SC - cost me a bit, but well worth it,

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb