DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everyone upgrading to the Platinum props?

Lesson learned, wait on some eager beaver to try them out first.
If there is no compromise to speed then I will
Pick up a set after the rush frenzy has died down

Rob

Lol, compromise speed? This thing is pretty lethargic with stock props. I may try a set at some point but i'm definitely not in a rush. I'd be more interested in adaptors to fit other props from other manufacturers.

So is everyone going Mavic Pro with Platinum props?
I'm going for it. Those props look like a good idea. Looks like the props are designed to minimize the turbulance on the tips, same as winglets on a wing. Less noise equals less wasted energy, can't but help the performance.

Reactions: jc44224
So is everyone going Mavic Pro with Platinum props?
I have 2 extra sets plus the original set that's still on my Mavic. I'll try them but I'm not in a rush to buy them. I'll be curious what people say here before I spend unnecessary money.

As I often land in high grass, my props tend to damage a bit. Just enough that last week, I ordered 4 new props... only to discover that a day later, the new ones were anounced.
Well, I think when they'll become available, I'll buy the new props... any noise reduction or extra flight time is welcome, and it's not like they cost a fortune...
I printed some legs out for my mavic and they work pretty well for this. You just slide them onto the front legs and between the rubber piece on the back, they don't effect the sensors or anything. I can post a pic if you're interested.

I might, I clipped a block wall and cracked all but one of mine. So my spares are on the Mavic now. Ugh.

You should purchase the propeller guards. Costs $15 and prevents those clips from happening. I ran into a tree at a good clip sideways and the only damage was to the protector. Well worth it.

No need at this time since I just bought my Mavic Pro. Will consider down the road...

Theres a clear difference between the two

Actually, the biggest difference I hear in this video is the high pitch whine of the motors on the old Mavic vs the quieter ones on the new. I'm now rethinking this and wondering if DJI is right and that we won't get much benefit from the new props.

LP

Reactions: trolling dirt
Based on user reviews, if positive, when needed will purchase.

Would Be interesting to know D.B. decibel, speed and flight time difference between original and new blade on Mavic Pro.

As far as noise, I prefer duel V8 stright pipes over a inline 4 cylinder.

Reactions: Rnl
I provide aerial & ground level photo/videography for weddings ( maybe 3-4 times year ), the new quieter props (if true ) would be an asset when flying outdoor receptions as people tend to look up at the drone when they hear it, ( you don't want that in a video ) and the best shots are flyin's and flyouts to about 20-30' altitude, hopefully these will help with less attention.

Pre-ordered as well
I bet people will still look up with quieter props. At 20-30 feet it's not going to make it silent. I can still hear mine at 100 feet and up.

My approach to avoiding complaints is to be as stealthy as possible. It's why I went with MP in the first place. So I will definitely try out a set.

Interested but these New DGI Genuine props aren't available yet (only copies from other companys). We'll wait & see, I'm not the kind to go buy something because it's brand new, advertisements pump product all up, etc! We'll see what the feedback on them are when they're avail. in a couple of weeks or so. These new props supposedly (on the Mavic pro), make the flight a little Longer (just a couple of mins or so on Mavic Pro?) & a little Quieter - we'll see...? :) Fly Safe,
Mav Max

Reactions: lostinspace
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown