DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it normal be scared by birds?

Vinegar92

Reactions
Hi everyone! I’ve got my Mavic since almost two months, and before of it I’ve flight (pretty well to be honest) with an FPV drone, that is surely more powerful, unstable, and absolutely more difficult than the Mavic. But I don’t know how, with my Mavic, it’s born a new fear inside me, the birds [emoji102] every flight I make I have a strong fear that some angry birds attack my vulnerable little drone. Especially because I live in an Italian countryside where hawks are numerous!
Birds are normally peaceful and I should be more relaxed?
What do you think about it? Do you have or had in the past the same worry? Some tips? I should carry a rifle with me during a flight? (Just joking)
Have a great day and flight!
Ciao from Italia!

Hi everyone! I’ve got my Mavic since almost two months, and before of it I’ve flight (pretty well to be honest) with an FPV drone, that is surely more powerful, unstable, and absolutely more difficult than the Mavic. But I don’t know how, with my Mavic, it’s born a new fear inside me, the birds [emoji102] every flight I make I have a strong fear that some angry birds attack my vulnerable little drone. Especially because I live in an Italian countryside where hawks are numerous!
Birds are normally peaceful and I should be more relaxed?
What do you think about it? Do you have or had in the past the same worry? Some tips? I should carry a rifle with me during a flight? (Just joking)
Have a great day and flight!
Ciao from Italia!
Please..., read this thread.
Birds...how scared should I be?

Reactions: Vinegar92
Ciao from Italia!
Coincidence .... I was in Alberobello this summer. Waited for ages for the swallows to clear out of the way to do a vid over the trulli.
Eventually there was a clear blue sky, headed out, recorded a great vid.
Stopped recording and was about to make my way back when all the swallows swarmed around the MP and made it invisible.
I slowly flew it back towards me, and well over 100 swallows just came with it all they way back to overhead and only flew off when I started to descend.
If only I hadn't been certain I was about to lose my MP I'd have had thought to start recording again. Would have been an interesting vid.
Really, though, any danger comes from larger birds (buzzards, etc) that are very territorial, particularly near their nest when they have chicks. Even when paragliding these have been aggressive toward me. I've witnessed buzzards rip large holes in hang-glider wings.

I'm always on the look out for birds (any kind) when out and flying.
Not to stay away from them but to chase and film them in flight.
So far haven't got any good video, I think they are staying away off me MP.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burghmuir