DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to use DJI GO and Litchi in sequence on Crystalsky 5.5 (but not simultaneously)

minsk

Reactions
Mavic Pro
Crystalsky 5.5 v02.06.06.00
Litchi v4.13.0-a
DJI GO4 v4.3.16
All other firmware updates confirmed

Hi guys!

I’ve read many posts but just wanted to confirm 1000% exactly that this following procedure is ok, as its very important and as it involves an extremely remote location, I'll only have one crack at it. There is a particular reason why my job requires this simultaneous use of Litchi and DJI GO4, otherwise I would just use Litchi all the time.

So, if one of you guys or gals who is smarter than me can confirm the possibility or otherwise of the following procedure, then FULL RESPECT and many thanks in advance!!
  • Initiate launch sequence for Mavic Pro from DJI GO.
  • Hover and initiate normal preflight check.
  • Force turn off DJI GO4 (what is the exact correct procedure on CS and will the Mavic Pro then just hover. Sorry I am normally just an iMac fanboy?? That said it looks like its Applications --> Settings --> Apps --> then what??) OR. SHOULD I DO REBOOT OF CS JUST TO MAKE SURE while the bird is still hovering?
  • Turn on Litchi via Applications on CS.
  • Fly to predetermined/preloaded waypoint.
  • Force turn off Litchi (what is the exact correct procedure on CS and will the Mavic Pro then just hover?? Again, same as above as I am Muppet OS fanboy).
  • Turn on DJI GO4 and fly around.
  • Use DJI GO4 to return home.
Any other issues I have to keep in mind?

Many thanks in advance. I am on a plane to Laos now for documentary shoot recee so I will only be able to get back to you guys in about 10 hours.

Cheers!

Digby

Just my $0.02! I don't own a Mavic, so can't truly confirm. I think it could work, however, change your setting for loss of signal from return to home to hover.

I do have a crystalsky. The software is sometimes finicky. I always reboot when switching between Go4 & Litchi. Just my preference, nothing says you have to. Then I do as you said and go to settings/apps/ and I turn off everything Go4 related.

Good luck!

P.S.
I was going to ask why not launch from within Litchi, but I'm sure you have your reasons!

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I have a Crystalsky and my experience is I must do a reboot when switching from one to the other.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
me...too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine