DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to link (independantly) 2 remote controllers to my MAVIC 2 PRO ?

KONY

Reactions
Hi guys,

my Mavic 2 PRO was stolen last month in San Francisco...

So as a consequence i bought a new one, and therfore i have 2 remote controllers now with me.

i would like to know if i can just link both of those RC to the MAVIC and switch them on as i please (so not in a MASTER/SLAVE type of relationship). I am indeed not interested in having the 2 remotes running at same time but linking the 2 remotes could help me in those situations :

1) i'm out in the field and one RC runs out of battery, i can just pick the second RC, switch it on and fly more

2) i'm planning on buying a range Extender (ALIEN TECH) and now that i have 2 remote controlers i would not mind to use one for a modification.

I just want to make sure DJI GO APP will not be confused if one day i fly the drone with 1 remote controller, and the next time i use another one...safety wise...

and if that is ok, what's the process of linking both ? is it different from the one process which involves MASTER/SLAVE remote ?

or i can just go and link the second remote as if it's an additional one.

No, you cannot link both remote controllers at the same time as a master.

THANK YOU...

So to put it clearly, it means that to use a second remote which i have as a spare, i always need to have 2 remotes switched on right ?

ok i got some extra info from here

so i'm out of luck with my desire to get a range extender that i would put on the master RC :(

Hi guys,

my Mavic 2 PRO was stolen last month in San Francisco...

So as a consequence i bought a new one, and therfore i have 2 remote controllers now with me.

i would like to know if i can just link both of those RC to the MAVIC and switch them on as i please (so not in a MASTER/SLAVE type of relationship). I am indeed not interested in having the 2 remotes running at same time but linking the 2 remotes could help me in those situations :

1) i'm out in the field and one RC runs out of battery, i can just pick the second RC, switch it on and fly more

2) i'm planning on buying a range Extender (ALIEN TECH) and now that i have 2 remote controlers i would not mind to use one for a modification.

I just want to make sure DJI GO APP will not be confused if one day i fly the drone with 1 remote controller, and the next time i use another one...safety wise...

and if that is ok, what's the process of linking both ? is it different from the one process which involves MASTER/SLAVE remote ?

or i can just go and link the second remote as if it's an additional one.

You’ll need to relink the controller every time you swap remotes.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
ok thanx,

relink the controller does it mean that i need to retype all my personal flight settings (yaw, gimbal speed etc) each time i swap a remote for the other one and back ?

if yes then that will be quite annoying

ok thanx,

relink the controller does it mean that i need to retype all my personal flight settings (yaw, gimbal speed etc) each time i swap a remote for the other one and back ?

if yes then that will be quite annoying
No all of those things are saved to the Mavic. All settings are saved to the Mavic or the device. No settings are saved to the remote.

No, just press the link button on tha aircraft, select link remote in the app and you're good to go.

Reactions: KONY
i think i'm going to give that range extender a try...anyway since i have 2 remote controllers, there are limited risks if i'm not happy with the product...and with your comments i realize it's not so complicated to link back and forth from one remote to the other

thanx to all !

It means you need to do this:

Reactions: KONY
I have two controllers linked to the AC. Both the master and the slave monitors see what the camera sees and it is my understanding that either controller can control the AC. My question is: if I turned off the slave to save battery, then found the master battery getting low, could I just turn on the slave controller and use it to continue flying?

Reactions: RogerMav
From the link I posted just above I would tend to think that if the master is switched off, you cannot fly the slave.

But since you have both already linked maybe you could try and confirm to us

Next time you do that, see if the “slave” control can change modes (S,P,T)once the “master” is off. I am guessing that is the only limitation in that scenario?

Reactions: RogerMav and KONY
I tried changing modes (SPT) on the slave remote once the master is turned off and it did switch modes. When I turned the master controller back on it was in the mode set by the slave.

By the way, I noticed that the terms used by the controllers is primary and secondary instead of master and slave. I guess for clarity I should change the terms I use.

YES indeed that's great news, i will go ahead and pair my second remote controller, knowing that both can get full control once the other is off

thank you for those test PHOTO BEATY !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom