DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it safe to use Waypoint 2.0 when you loose signal with your Mavic 2?

thesotman

Reactions
Hi,
I want to use Waypoints to set a path where I might lose signal of the drone.
I set it to return home once all waypoints are completed.

Is there a danger my drone will get lost?

Thanks.

In waypoints 2, you can determine what happens if/when signal is lost. I think the two options are 'continue on route' and 'RTH', there might even be a 'pause' option (Although I can't see why you'd want to do that)

After I finished setting waypoints I set it to "when signal is lost to continue, but when it completed the route it did not return home. It hovered at the last waypoint and I had to bring it to the landing pad manually.

You have to set your waypoint mission on what to do once it completes its mission. RTH is one option, staying where it is is another.

After I finished setting waypoints I set it to "when signal is lost to continue, but when it completed the route it did not return home. It hovered at the last waypoint and I had to bring it to the landing pad manually.
I think you may be confusing 'When way points has finished' and 'when signal has been lost'. Their are seperate options for each.

Sounds, like you want the drone to RTH when the waypoints is finished - There is an option to do this, on the final confirm screen

I noticed that a number of YouTube tutorials on Waypoints 2.0 seem to suggest that you set the action to "Continue" if you lose connectivity. Seems awfully risky to me!! I only tried Waypoints 2.0 once and set it to RTH on loss of signal. Did not matter in my case since I did not lose signal. Am I being overly cautious to set it to RTH instead of Continue on signal loss? Thoughts?

"Continue" with a final Waypoint above TO point is the way I would go. Using any Mission type software that puts the drone very far away I always like to have one or more waypoints that brings it back to somewhere close to where I am.

I noticed that a number of YouTube tutorials on Waypoints 2.0 seem to suggest that you set the action to "Continue" if you lose connectivity. Seems awfully risky to me!! I only tried Waypoints 2.0 once and set it to RTH on loss of signal. Did not matter in my case since I did not lose signal. Am I being overly cautious to set it to RTH instead of Continue on signal loss? Thoughts?
I think 'continue' or 'RTH' are fine if you loose signal. The option you dont want is 'Pause', because the drone will just stay in the destination you don't have signal!

It really depends on if the waypoint is closer to you, or further away etc.

It's almost a mute point, as the signal on the Mavic 2 is incredible. I've been in my car, 2K from my drone, and still had 4 bars in the past. Aslong as you have line of sight, you should have signal.

Reactions: apeel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000