DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth switching to Smart Controller?

Again though. None of those options can do what the SC can do. It is in a league of it's own. All-in-one. There is no other for the Mavic 2.
Just my 2 cents....just bought the package of the M2P with the SC having come from a P2V (FPV from the camera failed years ago). Having used Samsung S3, S6, & S9+ phones over the years with a sunshade, the SC blows them away. In direct sunlight the screen is easily visible to even my tired, old eyes. But I suspect the CS brightness is just as good. Loving the M2P and SC!

Reactions: RogerMav
Owner of a M2P with SC for a week now, owned a Mavic Pro for 2 years before.
To me, the three major benefits from the SC wrt a normal controller + iPad Mini 4:

1. Ease of use
With my Mavic 1 Pro, I had to get the mavic out of the bag, get the iPad out of the bag and the protecting case, find the cable, connect it to the controller. Switch on the Mavic, and controller set the iPad to airplane mode, and launch the app. Then wait untill the mavic and controller were connected, then plug in the cable to the iPad and wait until the app recognized it. Only then could you click "go fly". With the M2P+SC: I get the Mavic out of the bag, switch it on. Then I get the SC out of the bag, switch it on, and screw in the sticks. By the time I am finished with that, all is connected, and all you need to do is click "go fly". The whole simplicity and robustness of this process is the biggest winner IMO. No mor anxiety of going through the process in he correct way, just click the switch, focus on the flying... an absolute game changer for me.

2. Legibility
Not only is the screen much brighter than my iPad was, for one reason or another, the view is much crisper than with the iPAd as well. This makes me see details during filming that I never spotted before, which makes it easier to shoot nice footage.

3. Connection robustness
Even with the iPad, I used to have lots of app disconnects, not sure if that was due to a bad cable or for another reason, but the fact of the matter is that with the SC, I haven't had a single disconnect yet.

All the above for me makes that I have throughly enjoyed flying the M2P so far, without a single bit of nervousness... just a joy. And it has been such a blast mostly because of the controller, as I find that except of the camera, there isn't too much of a difference between the M2P and M1P (Flame suit on :) )

Reactions: RogerMav
To me, the three major benefits from the SC wrt a normal controller + iPad Mini 4:

1. Ease of use
With my Mavic 1 Pro, I had to get the mavic out of the bag, get the iPad out of the bag and the protecting case, find the cable, connect it to the controller. Switch on the Mavic, and controller set the iPad to airplane mode, and launch the app. Then wait untill the mavic and controller were connected, then plug in the cable to the iPad and wait until the app recognized it. Only then could you click "go fly". With the M2P+SC: I get the Mavic out of the bag, switch it on. Then I get the SC out of the bag, switch it on, and screw in the sticks. By the time I am finished with that, all is connected, and all you need to do is click "go fly". The whole simplicity and robustness of this process is the biggest winner IMO. No mor anxiety of going through the process in he correct way, just click the switch, focus on the flying... an absolute game changer for me.

2. Legibility
Not only is the screen much brighter than my iPad was, for one reason or another, the view is much crisper than with the iPAd as well. This makes me see details during filming that I never spotted before, which makes it easier to shoot nice footage.

3. Connection robustness
Even with the iPad, I used to have lots of app disconnects, not sure if that was due to a bad cable or for another reason, but the fact of the matter is that with the SC, I haven't had a single disconnect yet.

All the above for me makes that I have throughly enjoyed flying the M2P so far, without a single bit of nervousness... just a joy. And it has been such a blast mostly because of the controller, as I find that except of the camera, there isn't too much of a difference between the M2P and M1P (Flame suit on :) )
You sound like a DJI commercial! (Joking, Because DJI doesn't do commercials)

1. Ease of use

2. Legibility

3. Connection robustness

Excellent remark.

i just installed litchi after the update - it still does not connect to the radio on the SC, so, nothing changed so far.
According to Litchi Support as to why Litchi won't run on the SC, and I quote:
"Hi,
This is a DJI restriction, we hope they will allow third party apps on their smart controller in a next firmware update.

Kind Regards,
Litchi"
Unquote.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229