DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Litchi a DEAD project?

PaoloOne

Reactions
Lots of things going wrong with Litchi lately:
  • Latest release (4.0.0) is crashing like crazy (Go on the FB page and see lots of complains)
  • I post a question about a bug (on waypoint mission disconnection the aircraft gets really slow, not the last speed) and post gets deleted
  • Facebook page abandoned: upon new release no new post is done and there are no answers from the developers, no way to contact them
Is Litchi a project doomed to disappear under the new DJI hyper-protective policies? What is going on?

Just a gut feeling but I think it's a bit early to say that Litchi is going away any time soon. Just a gap in support would be my guess. I wouldn't attach too much importance to a post being deleted.

Judging from Lichi's FB page, the DJI login requirement is a big part of the last release, and the restrictions in China are a little tighter. Maybe that issue is keeping their software team busy for the time being.

Just a gut feeling but I think it's a bit early to say that Litchi is going away any time soon. Just a gap in support would be my guess. I wouldn't attach too much importance to a post being deleted.

Judging from Lichi's FB page, the DJI login requirement is a big part of the last release, and the restrictions in China are a little tighter. Maybe that issue is keeping their software team busy for the time being.
Yes, but sharing is caring, I mean it sound strange to me this complete silence and closure. It is a quite expensive app and a message like "Hey, there are still some issues, we know and are working on them...." would be the least they could do!
The way they released this time seems like: "Hey, this is the last time we try to fix it and then leave us alone!"
The last message dates back to the 9th of June!! In a period that there is a lot going on, lots of people are reporting issues.
It just seems that they want to give up!
I have just done a backup copy of the "Litchi 3.10.10.apk" because on FB there are people desperate to get one!

Yes, but sharing is caring, I mean it sound strange to me this complete silence and closure. It is a quite expensive app and a message like "Hey, there are still some issues, we know and are working on them...." would be the least they could do!
The way they released this time seems like: "Hey, this is the last time we try to fix it and then leave us alone!"
The last message dates back to the 9th of June!! In a period that there is a lot going on, lots of people are reporting issues.
It just seems that they want to give up!
I have just done a backup copy of the "Litchi 3.10.10.apk" because on FB there are people desperate to get one!

Maybe Litchi is more concerned about updating their software than their facebook page

Maybe Litchi is more concerned about updating their software than their facebook page
How long does it take? 2 minutes? 10 minutes?
There is no balance into spending a few minutes informing people against crashes, accidents, injuries and headaches.

I'm have 0 problems with this latest update. I've ran 3 missions on it.
Good, can I ask a favor then, plan and submit a safe to fly waypoint mission, disconnect the remote while flying the mission and tell me if it completes the mission a the last speed (cruise for example) or it goes much slower at the point that if it was far away it would not make in time to get back.
I don't do the update because of this problem

I would think if you disconnect the controller, whatever happens isn't Litchi's fault. At that point you've removed the app from the equation. Also, I don't do missions where I lose RC contact. I may not always fly LOS, but I do plan mission's with regards to maintaining radio contact with the drone. I have flown one mission, probably 3 weeks ago, where I did lose contact for a bit because of a low altitude pass, but regained it while the drone finished the subsequent waypoints at a higher altitude.. I also don't plan missions that take longer than maybe 10 minutes at a maximum of 10 mph. I've found that faster speed equals jerky video on turns. If a mission is going to take longer than 10 minutes, I break it up into two separate missions, then splice the videos together.

... also this latest Litchi update did fix the problem of having to open DJI GO before opening Litchi, which was very very helpful. I don't know how many times I took off just to find out that I couldn't go higher than 98 feet before remembering I did not open DJI GO first...arrrggghhh

I believe the onus is on the operator to ensure that his drone and apps are up-to-date without having the company send out info stating that they do indeed have a new update out. If you go on the mission planner and look at all of the folks, all over the world, using this app, you can just imagine how many emails they get daily of folks voicing their opinions, concerns, requests and blames about the software. No one could possibly address all of those issues, many of which are probably issues of the drone, RC or the operator. Is the software expensive? Yes. Have I got my $25 use out of it? Yes. Do I have issues when I try to fly? Yes. Are they Litchi's fault? So far, nope.

Reactions: TimesTen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711