DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic 3 LTE Dongle Being Sold ANYWHERE Yet?

Wow...I just received a phone call from a DJI rep (caller ID showed "Shenzhen Guangdong, China") who very kindly explained the 4G LTE Dongle is not being sold anywhere at present and there is no decision on when it will be for sale (anywhere in the world)

In response to some of the questions in this thread, Parrot has a 4G drone in the works, which is the only other one I've seen: Here’s what ANAFI Ai’s 4G LTE connectivity feature will cost you

I'm not suggesting I'll go that route (still waiting for my Mavic 3 which DJI emailed as "Shipped" 3 days ago but FedEx has only been sent the label information), but for someone who has constant signal problems due to tall oak trees, the 4G technology would be great to have.
Reading this post after getting a email from Skyward stating that the Parrot ANAFI ai drone order was cancelled :(
Verizon Skyward team itself got canned.

I just ordered the M3 and RC-Pro and was hoping to get the 4G LTE dongle, but it's not on their U.S. website. DJI replied last night to a post, saying it's not available yet in North America. My question: "is it available anywhere?" I travel a lot and would like to start using it as soon as possible even if it means using it with a friend who lives in another country. Please let me know if you see it available in any other country. Thanks!
Only in Alibaba, but all shipments are being held on the port of LA. I've been waiting for my magic 3 sin early May.
So don't hold your breath, also it cost $200 don't know that this is a nice price, just will b curious to know if it will extend the range or RCP control to avoid losing the drone.

Only in Alibaba, but all shipments are being held on the port of LA. I've been waiting for my magic 3 sin early May.
So don't hold your breath, also it cost $200 don't know that this is a nice price, just will b curious to know if it will extend the range or RCP control to avoid losing the drone.
Where it works, it will allow flying behind obstructing buildings and below tree lines, where LOS obstructions exist between the RC Pro/RC-N1 and the Mavic 3, as it will automatically switch to the 4G cellular signal from above where it is stronger than the obstructed OcuSync 3+ signal. The range cannot be extended beyond the range of the battery life, and without the dongle, the drone isn't lost. It merely enters the Lost Signal setting, which generally is set to RTH. Nice piece of kit, though. Hope is is eventually supported in the U.S. to prevent Lost Signal and RTH when briefly flying behind tall buildings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake