DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic 3 LTE Dongle Being Sold ANYWHERE Yet?

Yes, you need one dongle for the Mavic 3 (and the harness) plus another dongle for the controller.
I found a snap-on cable for the separate RC-Pro dongle inside the bottom of the RC-Pro, under the 4 screws. There is a small empty compartment there for it.

RC-Pro only. There is a panel underneath that has to be removed where it gets connected. Then there is the second device attached to the drone.
I was told it also works with RC-N1 as well. I bought one from Aliexpress, will put it on and see if it works when it comes.

I was told it also works with RC-N1 as well. I bought one from Aliexpress, will put it on and see if it works when it comes.
Certainly possible. It has two components, one for the RC and one for the drone. Not sure where the RC-N1 attachment would connect, nor where it would mount. However, I certainly am interested in it for myself as well. Please keep us informed either way! It's one of the few ways to maintain signal when temporarily flying behind buildings in a heavily urban environment for a safer flight. Got a link to where you purchased it from?

Reactions: Suren
Certainly possible. It has two components, one for the RC and one for the drone. Not sure where the RC-N1 attachment would connect, nor where it would mount. However, I certainly am interested in it for myself as well. Please keep us informed either way! It's one of the few ways to maintain signal when temporarily flying behind buildings in a heavily urban environment for a safer flight. Got a link to where you purchased it from?
I think with the Rc-N1 it would connect to the phone- Not sure, when I get it I will have to see.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That makes sense!
Can you share the link from which you purchased it?
When I bought it, it was $160USD, demand must have increased so they jacked the prices up. You will also need the bracket for it. I found a video showing it working in Aus with RC-N1

Reactions: GadgetGuy
When I bought it, it was $160USD, demand must have increased so they jacked the prices up. You will also need the bracket for it. I found a video showing it working in Aus with RC-N1
If it works in Australia, it probably works in New Zealand, too. Wonder if it works in USA, as that was never promised. Where did you get the bracket for it? Won't it need a SIM card, too?

If it works in Australia, it probably works in New Zealand, too. Wonder if it works in USA, as that was never promised. Where did you get the bracket for it? Won't it need a SIM card, too?
I also bought the bracket from same company. I will just get a data card for the local providers, prepaid first just to check if it works.

I also bought the bracket from same company. I will just get a data card for the local providers, prepaid first just to check if it works.
Cool! Is it your understanding that the 4G replaces OcuSync, or merely supplements it?

From what I understand the RC will be connected to both and when the O3 drops out completely the 4G transmission will automatically take over.
That's definitely how I would want it to work! That way, waypoints could still be sent while the O3 signal is obstructed, to complete the mission, since they are now sent serially during the flght, one at a time, instead of all uploaded initially at the beginning, where it only needs GPS, and not continuous signal to complete the mission.

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi