DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the fly app voice computer generated or a real person

RTHawk

Reactions
Was wondering if the voice on the fly app that keeps us informed of take offs, landings and warnings is computer generated or a real person that is employed by DJI. If it is a real person would be interesting to put a face with the voice.

Was wondering if the voice on the fly app that keeps us informed of take offs, landings and warnings is computer generated or a real person that is employed by DJI. If it is a real person would be interesting to put a face with the voice.
I think it is a real voice, because AI voices aren't that good as of now, from what I saw. However not all messages are real voices. There are some messages that are pretty rare and have computer generated voice over, for example some Geo-zones related messages that I have heard when flying close to restricted airspace were clearly computer generated.
But the common messages like Homepoint Updated, the RTH message, and Critical Battery one is probably a real person, although I can't confirm.

It's interesting to see what other people think about this.

Reactions: Yaros
Ohhh could it be Majel Barrett aka Nurse Chapel aka Lwaxana Troi. Or, for old Brit sci fy fans, Orac from Blake's 7 ? 🤣🤣 🤣

I had gone deaf before I got a drone so have never heard it.

Reactions: MA2 317
Reminds me of this video that's a few years old but is a compilation of the DJI voice prompts that could be used in editing a video.

She has such a calm soothing voice and never gets excited regardless of what you are doing. Sometimes I expect her to say Well dummy what did you think was going to happen. I think DJI should put some urgency or panic in her voice depending on the situation like auto land or battery depleted or I can't land on water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998