DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the RC-Pro screen glass or plastic?

Photo Booth

Reactions
No guesses, please. Surely someone here knows the answer with absolute certainty?

Is the touch screen on the RC-Pro made of glass (like on a smartphone or tablet) or is it plastic?

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:
Don’t know the answer to your question but you may be interested in this thread. Which also ended with you same question and never answered.

DJI RC Pro and Glass screen protector?

Actually, I'm the person (Magic Mark) who asked the question in that DJI Forum thread. And it has now been answered by DJI Tony. He states that the RC-Pro LCD screen is made of glass material. I pressed him for more details (which may or may not be forthcoming).

For my use, the biggest threat to an RC-Pro screen is scratching *if* the screen was plastic. Since it is glass, I honestly don't see the point of a screen protector. I've never used a screen protector on my iPhones (since 2007) and I've never damaged the screen on an iPhone. I use my iPhone way more often than I'll use the RC-Pro.

Mark

Actually, I'm the person (Magic Mark) who asked the question in that DJI Forum thread. And it has now been answered by DJI Tony. He states that the RC-Pro LCD screen is made of glass material. I pressed him for more details (which may or may not be forthcoming).

For my use, the biggest threat to an RC-Pro screen is scratching *if* the screen was plastic. Since it is glass, I honestly don't see the point of a screen protector. I've never used a screen protector on my iPhones (since 2007) and I've never damaged the screen on an iPhone. I use my iPhone way more often than I'll use the RC-Pro.

Mark
No screen protector is necessary on the RC Pro, and using one can only reduce the touch sensitivity of the screen. I'm with you! Never used a screen protector on any iPhone, iPad, or RC with a screen! Never had a damaged screen until I drove over my lost iPhone with a scooter, and found it! No screen protector would have saved it!

Reactions: Photo Booth
Important to note that I qualified my comments above by saying "for my use". Your mileage may vary.

I take care care of my toys. I am not careless. I've never (knock on wood) dropped a cell phone. A couple of times I've had someone else accidentally knock my cell phone out of my hand but, both times, I caught it before it hit the ground.

The "scratches" that would concern me (with a plastic screen) are the type created when cleaning the screen. The micro scratches that build up over time. THAT is the reason I asked if the screen is plastic or glass. It is incredibly unlikely that I'd be careless enough to end up scratching a glass screen. And if, heaven forbid, I were to drop the RC-Pro and crack/damage the screen, I have the financial resources to pay for the repair.

Thank you all for the comments.

Mark

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Important to note that I qualified my comments above by saying "for my use". Your mileage may vary.

I take care care of my toys. I am not careless. I've never (knock on wood) dropped a cell phone. A couple of times I've had someone else accidentally knock my cell phone out of my hand but, both times, I caught it before it hit the ground.

The "scratches" that would concern me (with a plastic screen) are the type created when cleaning the screen. The micro scratches that build up over time. THAT is the reason I asked if the screen is plastic or glass. It is incredibly unlikely that I'd be careless enough to end up scratching a glass screen. And if, heaven forbid, I were to drop the RC-Pro and crack/damage the screen, I have the financial resources to pay for the repair.

Thank you all for the comments.

Mark
You know, you just jinxed your self. ;)

Why people think glass doesn’t scratch or damaged is puzzling

Image from reddit

Screen protectors also reduce chances of a crack. Certainly no guarantee.

Not to mention my glass screen protectors often end up scratched.
screen protectors have saved my bacon a few times. I aways put them on my phone screens, camera screens, and now the RC2. Cheap insurance

Another benefit of the screen protector there is less sun glare with a matte finish. I just added a screen protector after 6 months and it is great.

RC Pro screen is glass. The RC Pro screen is very soft, and my first one scratched with gentle wiping with a microfibre (micro-scratches making it appear hazy). Although it’s easy to live with, it annoyed me. My second one, the glass protector went on right out of the box before even charging it. The glass made zero difference in response to touch.

Reactions: mswlogo
Another benefit of the screen protector there is less sun glare with a matte finish. I just added a screen protector after 6 months and it is great.
My experience with matte finish is that there is actually more glare.. but it could be manufacturer specific . There is always going to be glare, which is why I usually find a shade tree or inside the car or invest in a good hoodman sunshade

My experience with matte finish is that there is actually more glare.. but it could be manufacturer specific . There is always going to be glare, which is why I usually find a shade tree or inside the car or invest in a good hoodman sunshade
The matte finish makes it appear dimmer to me and less vibrant, but a much less reflection.

The gloss (or plain glass) retIns the “depth” and vibrancy of the screen, also the smoother touch. Unfortunately, it’s equally as reflective as without. Which can be a pain.

That's my experience. I prefer the gloss finish to the matte if I had to choose, I like the vibrant screen.

The matte finish makes it appear dimmer to me and less vibrant, but a much less reflection.

The gloss (or plain glass) retIns the “depth” and vibrancy of the screen, also the smoother touch. Unfortunately, it’s equally as reflective as without. Which can be a pain.

That's my experience. I prefer the gloss finish to the matte if I had to choose, I like the vibrant screen.
Just wish they would come out with a Non Glare / Anti Reflection Glass, not matte, as in museum quality glass for photos for these screens.

Reactions: pommy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1