DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the RC Pro Worth the Extra $900?

NJGlover

Reactions
I'm about to upgrade to the MP3 Pro and am trying to decide if I will really benefit from the RC Pro over the Standard RC. Anyone have experience with both for comparison?

Reactions: James in the Desert
I disagree. If you are going to invest in the Mavic 3 Pro, you are choosing not to buy any of the other drones currently available and that includes a few of the future drones, too. If you believe in order to get the best use of your investment is to get the best remote, then you will greatly benefit from the RC Pro. I can assure you when you are flying your Mavic 3 Pro, the ability for the remote to work with a future drone that hasn't yet launched will be immaterial. It's like asking if you should buy snow tires for your car with winter coming soon and you are told to don't bother (but instead go ahead and slip and slide your way aimlessly thru the city streets) because those tires won't work on your next vehicle or later this summer. I am assuming money is not a factor in your purchase decision. Still, $900 is a good price for an excellent condition used remote.

If you're not strapped for cash, go for it, I did and would do it again. It's nice to only have one, solid piece to finagle with over having to strap your phone to the other one.

Reactions: Grtday
If your planning on getting any of the older Compatible drones , its a good catch.
However if you planning on getting any of the Newer Drones that come out such as the Air 3 with the Updated Occusync 4 than No its not a worthy investment.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. land on the Water

I'm about to upgrade to the MP3 Pro and am trying to decide if I will really benefit from the RC Pro over the Standard RC. Anyone have experience with both for comparison?
I like the controller as a controller, having used the RC Pro for about 2 years. What I dislike is the battery life. When it is fully charged and I start flying I carry a high output power bank in my pocket that begins charging the unit via USB-C as soon as the internal battery starts to deplete. If I don't start right away I can run out of charge, especially in sunny conditions where the 1000 nit screen is running at full brightness to compete with the sun. I own 5 Mavic batteries and on a big job like the other night, a constant concrete pour for a construction company that went through the night, I can be flying for hours and recharging those 5 batteries. I wish this controller had a removable battery like my Cendence controller for my Inspire 2. Also, I do not find the 1000 nit screen to be bright enough outdoors and is highly reflective. Again, for my Inspire 2 I have the large (8 inch) Crystal Sky screens which are 2000 nit and have removable batteries, so there is no comparison. I still use a sun hood with my RC Pro when flying my Mavic Cine, except at night. You might not have as demanding requirements as I do for the projects I do, but this should be considered.

Seemingly more robust construction and enhanced distance signal make it worth it for me on the M3. One less thing to have to trouble shoot and no plugging a phone/iPad into the unit. I’ve had all 3 remotes and this one is significantly enhanced superior.

Reactions: James in the Desert
for me, it was no choice. I’d like to use the DJI goggles and the RC controller pro has a HDMI port out to my existing DJI racing goggles. otherwise I would just use the regular controller.. on a sidenote, I will tell you, I like the brightness.

I looked at the Mavic 3 Pro+pro controller.I'm used to a Mavic 2 Pro with std controller and 8"Crystal Sky.Swipe with 1 finger to go to full screen with no telemetry data obscuring the view.RC pro cannot do that and I believe since it's a function of the Fly APP,couldn't do it with an external tablet either.Am I right?

I don’t see package deals with the standard controller. So I have to buy the screen controller! Looking on Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078