DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a concise version of the manual?

mreco99

Reactions
Due to receive my first ever drone mini 4 pro, cant wait.
The manual is going to be really handy to read, but it would be so good if there was a more concise version I can print out and carry with me. 115 pages is just a bit big. I know I can put it on my phone, but just feel better with a paper copy. Anyone seen a concise guide anywhere?
oh unless the paper manual comes with it???
(going to have sooo many questions :))

Last edited:
There is a thing called the Quick Start Guide (comes in the box) which focused on the basics and essentials to getting started from activation to your first couple of flights. After a few days, it will become mostly useless for you. It's 2024, gotta get with the phone and the pdf thing. No one should be printing out paper any longer; not good for the environment. 🌲

Reactions: waynorth
I read through the manual on my Mini 2 when I got it and did the same with the Mini 4. Although there's a lot of pages, there's also a lot of content you can skip through. I've seen some places selling 'cheat sheets' which summarise the important stuff but they all come as PDF as well.

I do agree, sometimes a printed manual is useful but once you've been through it a few times, you really don't need it.

I use PDF Expert to store and view a myriad of manuals for drones, electronics, appliances, etc. It is very convenient to be able to call up information at anytime it is needed and I don’t have to carry around a binder with a paper copy.

Many times a simple copy and paste can post a pertinent topic for the forum.

Reactions: Ancient Aviator
It's a complex device... the manual's complex as a result.

As @mavic3usa said, start with the Quickstart Guide to get flying and have a little fun, then read the manual all the way through to get to know the aircraft thoroughly.

Reactions: Ancient Aviator
thanks guys, I dont mind printing, just 115 pages is too much waste. Just like a paper copy of something handy in case phone dies when out.
There are a lot of controls, I might have to make a list of the important stuff myself.

thanks guys, I dont mind printing, just 115 pages is too much waste. Just like a paper copy of something handy in case phone dies when out.
There are a lot of controls, I might have to make a list of the important stuff myself.

You can ignore all of them except those two stick thingies on the controller, to get started and have some fun.

Literally. Start the motors with the CSC, fly around close by (stay within 150ft distance, 50 ft height) with the sticks, bring it back, and land holding the throttle stick down. To make this easy, go in the settings first and set your height and distance limits under the safety section.

All without touching any other control. Start there.

You can ignore all of them except those two stick thingies on the controller, to get started and have some fun.

Literally. Start the motors with the CSC, fly around close by (stay within 150ft distance, 50 ft height) with the sticks, bring it back, and land holding the throttle stick down. To make this easy, go in the settings first and set your height and distance limits under the safety section.

All without touching any other control. Start there.
Good tips and that what I plan. I did read about how to cut the motors, slightly concerned this is possible by mistake, the last thing I want to do in the air.

Posted in a new thread, retrospectively

A few questions if anyone got time to answer.
1. How real and how likely is a 'fly away'? Has it happened to you? what happened?
2. Is the DJI Care worth doing? im thinking year 1 at least gotta be a good idea? (I will have insurance)
3. Can I practise in my garden, at least hoover 5 ft, turn a bit, move the camera etc? got about 15m x 15m of grass.
4. I think the in the manual it said indoors and outdoors. Indoors really!!!???
5. Basically nearly anywhere you fly your going over someone else's land, farmland, field, whatever, has it ever come down on someone else's land and you couldn't (or daren't) go get it back?
6. Any idea of a recommended good or safe distance above live stock if you fly over, so they dont notice it, and scatter or get scared?
7. im using UAV forecast. I think max wind speed is 22mph (and I can see wind speeds at different heights). whats it like at 22mph to fly? does it feel ok, or very iffy?
8. what is a good safe distance horizontally to keep within, purely for signal reasons, not VLOS and all that.

I should have started a new thread, in fact I will

soo many questions. thanks for your input.... its coming tomorrow !!!

Last edited:
not exactly sure what OA is yet. RTH ive read about.
Obstacle Avoidance

Good tips and that what I plan. I did read about how to cut the motors, slightly concerned this is possible by mistake, the last thing I want to do in the air.
For now, I would use the setting to turn off this function so you don't accidentally cut the motors.

A few questions if anyone got time to answer.
1. How real and how likely is a 'fly away'? Has it happened to you? what happened?
2. Is the DJI Care worth doing? im thinking year 1 at least gotta be a good idea? (I will have insurance)
3. Can I practise in my garden, at least hoover 5 ft, turn a bit, move the camera etc? got about 15m x 15m of grass.
4. I think the in the manual it said indoors and outdoors. Indoors really!!!???
5. Basically nearly anywhere you fly your going over someone else's land, farmland, field, whatever, has it ever come down on someone else's land and you couldn't (or daren't) go get it back?
6. Any idea of a recommended good or safe distance above live stock if you fly over, so they dont notice it, and scatter or get scared?
7. im using UAV forecast. I think max wind speed is 22mph (and I can see wind speeds at different heights). whats it like at 22mph to fly? does it feel ok, or very iffy?

soo many questions. thanks for your input.... its coming tomorrow !!!

1.Not likely but is has happened before.
2.DJI Care is worth getting unless you have your own insurance
3.Yes
4.I'm outdoors only
5.No worries
6.About 75 feet
7.Maybe close to being too windy

Reactions: mreco99
Remember that even though the Mini 4 is under 250g, you still have to apply for an operator ID.

1) It happens. It's never happened to me.
2) I've recently bought a Mini Pro 4 and put the two years care on it. To me, it made sense.
3) Yes, absolutely. My garden is 10m x 25m and I've done just that. Be careful of washing lines and other obstacles.
4) Yes, it can be flown indoors. It's not something I'd be comfortable doing.
5) Never happened to me.
6) Good question and there's probably not a single answer. High enough not to bother them.
7) Be very careful in wind, it can be stronger than you think. I've seen videos of the Mini 4 flown in winds much higher than 22mph and the image is nice and stable but the drone really is getting blown all over the place. Remember if you fly away with the wind behind the drone that you've got to bring it back into the wind and it'll fly a lot slower.

Good luck!

Reactions: mreco99
Great answers thanks. I see with DJI care, a flyaway replacement is still going to cost you £219 on top of the care price you had anyway lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J