DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a danger of combining pitch and yah

boots

Reactions
Hi all
I am new to the drone world and finally pulled the triger on a mavic. I come from an rc plane background. While doing some research i came across a paragraph somewhere (which i cant seem to find again) that said it was a bad idea to combine control movments between left and right sticks i.e. pitch and yah. If this is so how can you circle a target.

Hi all
If this is so how can you circle a target.

That is exactly right. If you want to orbit the only way to do it manually is a combination of pitch and yaw. Which I use a combination as well when I am making turns just as I would if you were giving a little stick and rudder when making a banking turn.

I think the only dangerous CSC (Control Stick Command), that I know of, is when you pull both sticks down and towards each other at the same time. This could cause the motors to turn off abruptly and your bird to fall out of the sky!

Thanks guys
Yes the csc is what i was concerned about.
I couldn't see any reason why the sticks would be positioned that way while making a turn however just wanted to make sure that turning in this manner could be done safely.

I think the only dangerous CSC (Control Stick Command), that I know of, is when you pull both sticks down and towards each other at the same time. This could cause the motors to turn off abruptly and your bird to fall out of the sky!
I can't think of any practical reason you would throttle down while Yawing right plus pitch backward while rolling left all at the same time, except for the emergency cut off. I think you're pretty safe from accidentally doing that and your AC falling out of the sky.

Hi all
I am new to the drone world and finally pulled the triger on a mavic. I come from an rc plane background. While doing some research i came across a paragraph somewhere (which i cant seem to find again) that said it was a bad idea to combine control movments between left and right sticks i.e. pitch and yah. If this is so how can you circle a target.

I do half orbits manually all the time. The danger lies in how tight your manual orbit is. If you're doing a really tight orbit you might want to set up a smart shot. I can post a sample or two of manually flown half orbits but the circumference is pretty large.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the reply's. Now i can't wait to get home for another flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki