DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this software safe.

Skyroam

Reactions
I have just downloaded DJI Assistant. Then I get a pop up to down load this piece of software. Is this part of the dji software and is it safe?
c332d6a2ee845f11931af3217c3e8d49.jpg

Reactions: waddellw
If it prompted you to download it after the app had opened, it might need an accessory app to run some functions.

Did windows recognize it as an unsafe app?

Reactions: Skyroam
I did not get an error message but the windows security message at the end states that you should only install software from publishers you trust. I don’t know if I should trust this or not.

Reactions: waddellw
It's Japanese made software, so your PC may ask about it, but it's safe. I had to install it as well. It's like .net software... we don't know what it's for, but many things need it.

Its a driver needed to access the Mavic and is necessary so allow it and it is safe. If you deny it you will have trouble updating your Mavic via Assistant2 and being able to access some data files.

Libusb isn't "Japanese" and we do know what it is. Its a generic USB driver along with a user mode DLL/lib, allowing user mode USB communications, available for Windows and Linux platforms. Its quite convenient to code for. DJI Assist uses it. Why should it reside in a separate installer is beyond me, but nope, libusb isn't inherently dangerous.

Looking at it again, its not even a separate installer. It just Windows warning you, "hey, this thing is installing a USB driver, libusb, signed by <giberish> (which is probably some cert DJI owns), do you wanna go ahead?". I'd go ahead, but wouldn't permanently trust them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661