DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue installing new update (today)

mavic24theclouds

Reactions
Is anyone else having an issue with today update? I received my new zoom earlier this week and updated all the nessary firmware. Today i had my first flight and everthing went fine. I turned on my mavic a few minutes ago to check a camera setting and see there is now a new firmware update. However i have tried installing and download mutiple time and keeps giving me the attached error no amount of restarting all the equipment seems to help. I have never managed to get dji software to see my drone on my computer so i am updating using dji go 4 app. Screenshot_20181011-181931.jpeg

Assistant may be your only option. Totally uninstall it and any other instance of assistant and install the version on Download page under M2 on DJI site.

Assistant may be your only option. Totally uninstall it and any other instance of assistant and install the version on Download page under M2 on DJI site.
Well i just tried using my ipad instead of my samsung galaxy s8 andriod phone, and now it magically works. It seem what they say online about dji bias of prefering ios apple is true. I see even on zoom box ot says "made for iphone" and no mention of andriod even thought it it supported. 1539282679787.jpeg20181011_203111.jpeg

Well i just tried using my ipad instead of my samsung galaxy s8 andriod phone, and now it magically works. It seem what they say online about dji bias of prefering ios apple is true. I see even on zoom box ot says "made for iphone" and no mention of andriod even thought it it supported. View attachment 49744View attachment 49745
I have also add its rediclous how much dji throttels these updates and how overloaded their servers are, i am on a 100mb fibre internet connection and the aorcraft 217mb update been downloading for 40 min and ots at 60% :)

When you're downloading on wifi it might be scrambled by interference from the aircraft's RF link and slow down or cut the connection. That's usually the main reason for update download failures.
Need to choose different bands or put the aircraft as far as possible from the mobile device/computer and router, if possible RC too (use bottom USB port and a longer cable to put the mobile device further away).

It seem what they say online about dji bias of prefering ios apple is true. I see even on zoom box ot says "made for iphone" and no mention of andriod even thought it it supported.
Nope, that's simply becasue there's no equivalent "label" to the "made for iPhone" for android, so there's nothing to put on.

The mavic's radio will interfere with your home router, thus the "network disconnected" error. You're almost always better off updating over a wired connection that will not be interrupted.

Reactions: mavic24theclouds
When you're downloading on wifi it might be scrambled by interference from the aircraft's RF link and slow down or cut the connection. That's usually the main reason for update download failures.
Need to choose different bands or put the aircraft as far as possible from the mobile device/computer and router, if possible RC too (use bottom USB port and a longer cable to put the mobile device further away).

Nope, that's simply becasue there's no equivalent "label" to the "made for iPhone" for android, so there's nothing to put on.
I agree it a label but find kinda odd rhe list all iphones models on box, but no mention of amdriod support anywhere on the box... One rhink if tjey support andriod which they do ot would list andriod somwhere too right. Not trying be conspiracy theorist here lol bit go read online everwhere pilots compalin dji favorate response to some of these issue are to buy mac if you have issue with dji assistant.

The mavic's radio will interfere with your home router, thus the "network disconnected" error. You're almost always better off updating over a wired connection that will not be interrupted.
Thanks perhaps tjat might be case i hadnt considered it. Maybe the ipad just has stronger signal range than my phone. Like the other post mention a longer cable might be a good idea get some seperation. Maybe occusync 2 is jamming me :)

I agree it a label but find kinda odd rhe list all iphones models on box, but no mention of amdriod support anywhere on the box... One rhink if tjey support andriod which they do ot would list andriod somwhere too right. Not trying be conspiracy theorist here lol bit go read online everwhere pilots compalin dji favorate response to some of these issue are to buy mac if you have issue with dji assistant.
Thanks for the suggestion on the cable perhaps that is is, i hadnt considered that perhaps occusuc 2 is interfering, ill try that next time

I have not managed to update either mine or my friends Zoom using a good half a dozen Android devices, we never had any issues with our Mavic Airs but the initial f/w upgrade on the Zoom just wouldn't go and neither this one, its a good job my wife has an iPhone X as it works perfect every time, seems like they just want to push towards Apple rubbish. Crazy.

Reactions: mavic24theclouds
I have not managed to update either mine or my friends Zoom using a good half a dozen Android devices, we never had any issues with our Mavic Airs but the initial f/w upgrade on the Zoom just wouldn't go and neither this one, its a good job my wife has an iPhone X as it works perfect every time, seems like they just want to push towards Apple rubbish. Crazy.
Yeah that has definitly been my experience with dji over the years they prefer apple devices, there are lot threads online about it. Atleast using my ipad i was able get it done in the end it just took pretty long either because dji was throtteling connection as everyone was trying update at once, or perhaps as some of the above post suggest due occusync interferance on my wifi. One thing is forsure dji assistant is a no go for me before mavic 2 i had spark and even back then on 3 computer i could not get it to work, simple would not see craft no matter how many online suggestions i followed, different cables manually trying add drivers etc. The issue apparently stemmed from dji originally not digitally signing their drivers that caused issues in windows.. Mac user seem have less issues on that front too. Anyhow had flight yesterday with new craft and controller firmware seems ok had no issues yet.

No defintly only the craft and controller.
I updated mine today and the controller was not updated. The controller still shows as being on version 1.0.0.0 where the aircraft is at 1.0.01

Attachments

• FF3E3FB8-5F86-42D3-802F-B5041D3E8C28.png
    FF3E3FB8-5F86-42D3-802F-B5041D3E8C28.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 18
I updated mine today and the controller was not updated. The controller still shows as being on version 1.0.0.0 where the aircraft is at 1.0.01
That is weird when i did update it definitly showed 1 of 2 one for craft one for the controller. Just double checked mine both show 01.00.010020181014_133432.jpeg

First time that Mavic did not update on its own. Had to go to the assistant to do it. UK standard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman