DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with OcuSync? Any Dallas/Fort Worth Guys Want to Test This?

websiteauthor

Reactions
I've flown dozens of times at a park near Dallas with a Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, Spark, Autel X-Star premium, Q500 and Typhoon H and never had a problem with my transmission signal.

I've flown the Mavic Pro Platinum at this park five times and it has had severe connection problems all five times - wouldn't bind or takeoff at all, lost connection when it was only 25 feet away, etc. I launch from the grass (with launch pad), away from obstacles or sources of interference, and I've tried this at three different spots at the park that are separated by 1,000 feet or more.

I sent the drone in and DJI sent me a refurb unit for replacement - and it's having the same problem at this park.

I tested this replacement drone for three flights at another location and it flew with no problem whatsoever.

The only common denominator I can come up with is the MPP's transmission system.

Has anyone else noticed an issue with certain locations and OcuSync?

Anyone here live in the Dallas area and want to check it out? (It's actually a great park to fly, by the way.)

I'll have to check it out. It's about 20 minutes from my house. I won't be able to get out there this week. Maybe next weekend.

Odd you mention this.. When I got my MP, I flew in my neighborhood in the same path as I would my Ex-Spark.. My Spark had ZERO issues.. My Mavic Pro so far has went into Atti mode for no reason, Lost all GPS once, got weak signal messages etc to the point I wont fly on my block anymore.. Just found it odd..

I'll have to check it out. It's about 20 minutes from my house. I won't be able to get out there this week. Maybe next weekend.

cool - let me know if you do. I'm going to try and get a friend of mine out there with his Mavic Air as well.

Odd you mention this.. When I got my MP, I flew in my neighborhood in the same path as I would my Ex-Spark.. My Spark had ZERO issues.. My Mavic Pro so far has went into Atti mode for no reason, Lost all GPS once, got weak signal messages etc to the point I wont fly on my block anymore.. Just found it odd..

I have a group on Facebook and I described my situation to them - two others have had the exact same problem. That's four Mavics with the same problem (two of mine and then those two guys) in a relatively small population . . . 175 members, but most are Yuneec owners.
I'm going to test the Mavic in a couple new flight locations this week to see if I can replicate the issue elsewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803