DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with Mavic 2 firmware update etc.

alfo2010

Reactions
This is my first post; I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. I love living here as I can fly my drone pretty much of most of the year. I have a Mavic 2 pro and the Mavic Mini. My Mavic 2 has been giving me a warning says “system warning” and “check app” I attempted to reinstall the software both with refresh and installing the previous version of the software, V01.00.0400 and I get the message that says “cannot load firmware list please try again. I also cannot calibrate the IMU, it gets to 95% and than it stops. The only thing I think could be a problem is the cables that I am using may not be the right ones. I don’t have a cable that looks like the female connector on the side of the Mavic. I’m not sure that I’m using the right cable(s) for the controller and Mavic although in both cases I get a “connected” prompt. What cable(s) do I need to use when upgrading the firmware on my Mavic and controller. I attempted to do the firmware update on my new MacBook Pro UBS C and my older Mac with USB with no luck. Thank for any help that you can provide.

Woaa first of all: how far are you from Harry & Meghan??[emoji7] Second, what do you mean by "can fly my drone pretty much most of the year"? Like there's no rain, no snow?
I update firmware via WIFI. Sometimes I hit update on the go with cellular data. No cable needed. Just connect to internet, and hit the update button. Done.

Last edited:
You should try it on a Windows machine I was unable to get assistant to run correctly on my Mac.

I update firmware via WIFI.
Not sure that is always the best idea with DJI products?
In particular there were major issues with the early January issue of firmware for the SmartController. DJI specifically stated the update should NOT be done via Wifi but by the Assistant. Some got away with it many others didn't and it took 3 updates to the update to resolve matters for some of us.
Once bitten! I will always use Assistant via Windows as currently with latest Mac OS Catalina Assistant doesn't work.

Reactions: Gindra
Thanks for all the responses. With regard to Harry and Megan, they live 60 miles from where I live. I'm still waiting for an invite for after tea and biscuits. We usually have snow twice in the winter that last one to five days before it melts. Yes it rains but we get many days where its a half day of rain.

Reactions: PS01
AFAIK I don't think Assistant works on Catalina.
I'm still on Mojave - IIRC it couldn't recognise the AC when you plugged it in. It's probably 32 bit so it won't work on Catalina for sure.
I have a WIndows box right next to the mac so it was not an issue for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe