DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s out… Are they nuts?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
$2200 for just the M3 a controller and battery. $3000 for the “fly more” kit. $5000 for the cine version.

Hard pass for me.

I’ll stick with the M2p until I see what Autel does with the EVO3.

It's certainly a bit pricey, but it does come with a lot of unique new features (for those who want even more).

At least it's not quite as bad as Aussie pricing . . .

Solid pre release order pricing here in Australia, Sphere Drones and D1 Store.
This will be set retail for quite a while from DJI and resellers.

Basic M3 AU$3099 = ~ US$2291 (vs basic on the Best Buy site US$2199)
Flymore AU$4199 = ~ US$3106 (vs flymore on the Best Buy site US$2999)
Cine AU$7199 = ~ US$5325 (vs Cine on the Best Buy site $4999)

Could have been a larger discrepancy, it often is.

Yep - you can now fly your drone 15km away from your home point, and not see what it will hit on that micro screen SC2.

But now you can (or may be able to) enable HD screen recording on the SC2, so in review you can look back and see what you did hit. Also - I'm curious - if DJI really improved the range 30%, why did they feel the need to improve RTH in cases of low batteries and LOS? Are DJI owners generally flying out 10km and losing drones?

and in ps: I wonder if they have improved the compass in the new SC2 - at least to the point you can calibrate it.

Last edited:
Yep - you can now fly your drone 15km away from your home point, and not see what it will hit on that micro screen SC2.

But now you can (or may be able to) enable HD screen recording on the SC2, so in review you can look back and see what you did hit. Also - I'm curious - if DJI really improved the range 30%, why did they feel the need to improve RTH in cases of low batteries and LOS? Are DJI owners generally flying out 10km and losing drones?

and in ps: I wonder if they have improved the compass in the new SC2 - at least to the point you can calibrate it.
The temptation is real, there must be some kind of Spotting association that I do not have in Ohio, I care barely scratch 1 other person in my life to fly and watch my drone . Its impossible to give us longer battery life without increased range so its a selling point for them to push , knowing its gets people attention

DJI put many of us in a Trance with this release. o_O

Gear to fly in the Rain
Phantomrain.org

I did always wonder how they advertise the range improvement with each release, when in practice you always have to maintain line of sight with the drone. I suppose it’s the same as cars go and speed limits. But even with spotters, 15km is 15km…

Anyway, prices here in the UK:

• £1,879 for the base line
  • £2,549 for the fly more combo
  • £4,279 for the Cine Line
I suppose these prices make sense for professionals who actually make a living out of it. For those who just like to create and have fun, it really is expensive.

Needless to say, I’d love to have one regardless…

50$ Less than M2P as it stands now

Not one word about addressing the upcoming RID regulations. So that implies I’ll spend $5000, and in a couple years, I’ll have to sticky tape some RID module to the top, right next to the Arc V anti collision light. Really? 😡
Or, maybe I’m wrong, and there is planning for firmware that will address this issue. In that case, anybody want to buy some high end antique Zenith Radios from the 1930’s? 😄

It is awfully expensive.
I wonder how many people have the ancillary equipment, screens, computing power etc. to be able to fully utilise its output?
I can exceed the capabilities of my ancillary equipment with the Mavic Mini let alone the M2P.
I'd bet I am not alone in that.

EDIT component prices UK dji-mavic-3-3019853
open the "accessories" tab of the bit below the main photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine this morning. Well worth the money as an upgrade for me.

I didn’t get the Cine version. But I may next Spring. We’ll see what the capabilities are first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760