DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It appears Apple is fed up with DJI and is clearing shelves of product

Our local Apple Store just swapped DJI and Parrot locations, while removing the Mavic empty box and fake demo. Still plenty of Phantom stuffs, though.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
I ordered on December 9 except I chose ship to my address. Was that a mistake?
Not a mistake. I got my Apple order yesterday shipped to my house. Instead of screwing someone for 200-300 over what I paid I just returned it to my apple store for a refund since I got my Best Buy order first. I got a lot of attention as i walked into the apple store. Im sure it sold right away

Reading some of the blogs here the issues with photos, video and handling are beginning to surface. Maybe we all should take a step back? We waited this long maybe a couple months more can't hurt. After the "Fizz" wore off after 3 month wait I decided to cancel.

Still selling on apple.com... from recent posts seems like they have been one of the few places with regular stock, I got one in 1 week from them choosing in store delivery

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I also received my Mavic from Apple within 48 hours by ordering online and picking it up at my local store in Minneapolis. I also wandered in to another local store and found a battery in stock last week.

I pre-ordered a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from my retailer on 13 OCT. Below is what he posted on his site 4 days ago (Two months to the day of my order). Thankfully, I overpaid by about $300 bucks for one on Ebay that same week and received it within a few days. I still held out with my retailer on my initial purchase as he had an allotted number of pre-orders as I figured everyone was "jumping ship" and wouldn't mind having an extra Mavic in case I crashed my current one considering how shipping isn't going. I finally had him cancel and refund my order on 14 Dec. Again, below is what he posted on his site just a few days ago. He kept updating dates DJI gave him through Oct, Nov and Dec until this:
12/13/16
WE HAVE YET TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION TRACKING NUMBER THAT OR DEC 7TH ORDER WAS SHIPPED., NO DATE OF ARRIVAL TO NY WAREHOUSE IS AVAIL. WE APOLOGIZE THAT DJI IS NOT BEING FORTHCOMING IN THIS MATTER.

What else is odd, my wife ordered and received a Phantom 4 Pro (wrapped under the tree) within a week. These weren't even announced until a few weeks ago. DJI needs owes it's community an explanation but we'll never see it

Reading some of the blogs here the issues with photos, video and handling are beginning to surface. Maybe we all should take a step back? We waited this long maybe a couple months more can't hurt. After the "Fizz" wore off after 3 month wait I decided to cancel.

Yeah, all of the people posting videos who are flabbergasted by the concept of actually having to focus a camera. Yeah, go ahead and take a step back. I love mine, it's a fantastic machine.

This, along with half the members here bragging about selling their extra Mavics for profit on eBay, while the other half are still waiting for theirs... LOL

At least Abble shipped me a battery. Still waiting on my Mavic. But Apple's battery ship was pretty fast.

Yeah, all of the people posting videos who are flabbergasted by the concept of actually having to focus a camera. Yeah, go ahead and take a step back. I love mine, it's a fantastic machine.

The Apple shipping thread went dead too. Is apple still shipping Mavics?

Yes, I did step back, glad you're enjoying your MavicPro, I'm adult enough that I can wait. At this stage in my life there's no toy that important to me. I would tell you in Italian what I think of your remark but I'll wish you a Merry Christmas instead.

Reactions: burtg and Watty
Insinuating that you needed to express a vulgarity to me is just as classless as actually doing it. Cheers.

Reactions: Kilrah
+1.

You considering it as a toy is the first mistake, once you consider it as a tool that can provide you with professional results once you've learned how to use it properly like any other tool you'll be on the right track. The only problem is precisely people wrongly considering it as a toy they don't need to care for.
It may be small, but packs more than the size suggests, and if it's a toy you're looking for it's indeed probably the wrong choice.

I think DJI will cut out dealers /distributors and just do direct shipment since these drones are so popular right now. They'll save on paying for display/shelf space, and a cuts into their profits from the sale at a brick and mortar store.

Maybe DJI is just stalling to break out of contract/agreements with some stores. Blame shipping and production problems to get out of an agreement so you can sale direct.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not all Apple stores are pulling the display. 2 local Apple stores near me still have them on display. I think only some are doing it temporarily because they are sick of fielding the countless customer inquiries about a product that's not even in stock and won't be for a while yet, and also tired of people asking if they can buy the display demo which in most apple stores isn't actually a functioning Mavic, but rather an empty shell that's nothing more than a floor display.

Reactions: kennedye
A counter note:

Maybe the shipping industry or factory workers are on strike. I bet these companies would keep it under wraps to avoid financial loss.

The Nintendo Classic NES is also in short stock. I can't imagine companies big as Nintendo would under estimate the level of demand.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

+1.

You considering it as a toy is the first mistake, once you consider it as a tool that can provide you with professional results once you've learned how to use it properly like any other tool you'll be on the right track. The only problem is precisely people wrongly considering it as a toy they don't need to care for.
It may be small, but packs more than the size suggests, and if it's a toy you're looking for it's indeed probably the wrong choice.
I will assume you're a Part 107 pilot, as you mentioned tool?

The authorized dealer from which I ordered my Mavic Pro a couple of months ago (and still haven't received) told me the delay is almost entirely due to a particular component shortage manufactured by a 3rd party supplier. This is from someone who speaks to several levels of employees within DJI on a regular basis. He believed the component shortage issue would be solved by year end and full factory production would then ensue.

To me, this explanation is by far the most realistic.

Reactions: rossmoney
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4