DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It appears Apple is fed up with DJI and is clearing shelves of product

The authorized dealer from which I ordered my Mavic Pro a couple of months ago (and still haven't received) told me the delay is almost entirely due to a particular component shortage manufactured by a 3rd party supplier. This is from someone who speaks to several levels of employees within DJI on a regular basis. He believed the component shortage issue would be solved by year end and full factory production would then ensue.

To me, this explanation is by far the most realistic.
Placed an order with apple on December 9th. Do you think I will receive one next week?

Visited 4 different Apple Stores over the weekend and each and everyone had removed their Mavic displays from shelves and each no longer had any DJI products on the sales floor.
I said a few months back that if you pi$$ed of the Fruit it will bin your product. Apple shelf space is pricey.

Look forward to the iDrone-Phone :D:D

Went to my Apple Store at Cool Springs in Franklin, TN. They had 3 Phantom 4's on the shelf. The Apple tech told me they were very popular and Apple will continue to carry DJI.

Reactions: Dylan
I bought my mavic off an ebay seller thst claims to be an Authorized Dealer. I don't know how I can prove that, but if it were true, I don't understand why dji doesn't notify these dealers or provide them with info for thier customers. I would be much more content with an approx delivery than with none at all.

Shelf space in their stores is at a premium. They don't carry much which means that shelf space is a huge deal. If your selling out of a product the second you get any stock in, then there is no need to promote it. They will wait till sales slow down and they are not sold out all over to put them back again. Why waste space for something you can't really sell. Shelf space is used for impulse buys... "Hey I just bought a MacBook Pro and Final Cut, what should I edit with it, ooo look a drone!" but if they say that you have to wait, then you say, "Ooo look a camera".

Hopefully my December 9 order will pull through with Apple and not be pushed to its original ship date which is feb1 - feb22 :oops::(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1