DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It finally happened! šŸ˜ 

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
After hundreds of hours and flights under my belt without incident, I flew high into a tree while doing a somewhat remote job for a realtor. (I have my 107) My observer stepped away for a few minutes and I was flying up the river and getting some really good video until . We located the drone on the far side of the river but it was impossibly high in the tree. I tried shooting the branch without success but, two days later, we got a significant storm and there it was, on the riverbank, soggy and totaled. Unfortunately all my work on the SD card is also destroyed but thank the Lord for Care Refresh! I should have my brand new drone in a couple days. Never say never!

After hundreds of hours and flights under my belt without incident, I flew high into a tree while doing a somewhat remote job for a realtor. (I have my 107) My observer stepped away for a few minutes and I was flying up the river and getting some really good video until šŸ™€. We located the drone on the far side of the river but it was impossibly high in the tree. I tried shooting the branch without success but, two days later, we got a significant storm and there it was, on the riverbank, soggy and totaled. Unfortunately all my work on the SD card is also destroyed but thank the Lord for Care Refresh! I should have my brand new drone in a couple days. Never say never!
You tried shooting the branch... With what?...

Welcome to the Ent Club.
Why is the work on the SD card totalled?
I have recovered multiple videos from a card that spent a week in the North Sea. I can imagine you might lose one video if it was being shot at the time but everything????

I used a shotgun, it was safer than a rifle and the branch was too thick for my airgun. Unfortunately the branch was too high up. There are no houses for miles.
Yes, it was an Air2S.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Ent Club.
Why is the work on the SD card totalled?
I have recovered multiple videos from a card that spent a week in the North Sea. I can imagine you might lose one video if it was being shot at the time but everything????
Donā€™t know Yorkshire, but itā€™s only a 40 minute drive and Iā€™ll just reshoot it. Iā€™m sure the mud on the riverbank didnā€™t help though. Ent Club?

Something weird must have happened 'cause I had to 'dig' the mSD card out of the drone concerned. It was actually a broken drone I bought for the plastics, I sent the card back to the owner.

Ent, Lord of the Rings, Treebeard, moving trees.
Completely unrelated to LOrd of the Rings but if you ever get the chance watch the 1954 film Hobson's Choice.

• Haha
Reactions: rickmurray1989
Got it. Thanks Yorkshire, Iā€™m not a Lord of the Rings guy but I will look up Hobsanā€™s Choice.

Sorry for you loss, but good to hear that you had DJI Care Refresh

I have State Farm also but it doesnā€™t cover commercial jobs. I donā€™t want to mess with Insurance Fraud. If I was just flying for fun, itā€™d be SF all the way. Thereā€™s no deductible.

I used a shotgun, it was safer than a rifle and the branch was too thick for my airgun. Unfortunately the branch was too high up. There are no houses for miles.
Yes, it was an Air2S.
Don't post this on GTA, those(me included) guys will laugh at you for using a PB.

Mobilehomer, my .22 PCPā€™s wonā€™t slice a branch as thick as my little finger plus the branch was moving significantly in the wind. If it makes you feel better, thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve fired a PB in 4 or 5 years (outside of my regular Monday night bench rest tournaments). Am I forgiven ? šŸ˜Ž. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re on the GTA forum.

• Haha
Reactions: mobilehomer
Mobilehomer, my .22 PCPā€™s wonā€™t slice a branch as thick as my little finger plus the branch was moving significantly in the wind. If it makes you feel better, thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve fired a PB in 4 or 5 years (outside of my regular Monday night bench rest tournaments). Am I forgiven ? šŸ˜Ž. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re on the GTA forum.
Yeah, I'm active over there, too. Just havin' a little fun.

After hundreds of hours and flights under my belt without incident, I flew high into a tree while doing a somewhat remote job for a realtor. (I have my 107) My observer stepped away for a few minutes and I was flying up the river and getting some really good video until . We located the drone on the far side of the river but it was impossibly high in the tree. I tried shooting the branch without success but, two days later, we got a significant storm and there it was, on the riverbank, soggy and totaled. Unfortunately all my work on the SD card is also destroyed but thank the Lord for Care Refresh! I should have my brand new drone in a couple days. Never say never!
Sorry for your loss ,one thing tho I have washed sd cards in the washing machine and they still worked but not sure about salt water ,crashes can be bad but the video can be nice to see

Your hours of safe operation maybe yr worst enemy. I'm not up to date on the current numbers but data published by the FAA used to indicate that the most dangerous time for a student pilots (I'm talking about manned flight) was around 100 hours and in most cases they were easily preventable incidents. As a pilot I can attest to this having had a close shave at around 150hrs. The FAA concluded that pilots become overly confident; fail to complete checklists or conducted maneuvers beyond his skill level or in conditions beyond his capability.

Reactions: NightFlightAlright

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure